SHOUTOUT TO DIESELDOC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A short time ago Charlie Gabriel (aka Dieseldoc) posted some pics of some segmented vessels he had made (thread here: https://www.penturners.org/threads/segmented-vessels.172385/#post-2141040 ). I've gotten into segmented bowls and was really struck by the creative design and the craftsmanship he showed. I contacted him and asked how he managed to do them. Well, today I get a package in the mail with a DETAILED explanation, pictures and all! First off, I have to give Charlie a big thank you. He went way over the top in sending me this "tutorial". Thanks a million, Charlie! Secondly I want to thank everyone who makes this place what it is (Jeff, Mark, etc, etc). Over the years I've been repeatedly struck by the folk here and how they ALWAYS seem so ready to share. We are truly very lucky to have this place as a resource and a place where we can "gather" - even in Covid times.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

I think it is always great to hear how IAP members go the extra mile to help others grow in their craft. This kind of spirit makes our community better. Thank you to Charlie for helping Ted, and thank you Ted for sharing this story.

I don't know many IAP'ers personally, but from reading the posts I know we have some fine folks here....

As I've said before, this is wood turning not rocket science... the more we share, the more we learn ourselves.

I love when other wood turners show up at my booth at the farmer's market... probably spend way to much time talking wood turning
instead of trying to make sales to other customers.

Top Bottom