Shop Vac Suggestions ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MoJo

I've seen that a lot of folks like Ridgid shop vacs so I did a bit of research. HD carries the WD1450 14 gallon, 6.0 hp "Pro" Vac. This model has a lot of great reviews and I was pretty much settled on it. Then I noticed the WD1670, 16 gallon, 6.5 hp model that also converts to a blower. The specs show it moves 187 CFM compared to 168 CFM for the 1450 model. Unfortunately, I can't find more than a couple reviews on the WD1670. The two models are the same price so my guess is that the blower/vac with a more powerful motor must be more of a consumer grade versus the "Pro" WD1450. I am curious if anyone might have the WD1670 blower/vac and any comments.

WD1670: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100638366

WD1450: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100081216

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Joe
The Ridgid 1670 is Awesome! I doubt you will ever use the blower as a blower, BUT, being able to remove the motor "unit" allows you to add a cyclone between the blower and the canister. Adds a whole different dimension to it. Makes it a true dust collector.

Clearvue cyclones did sell this conversion. I think they quit business, but their mod is still available and free to use.

Best thing is sometimes HD will sell this unit for $69

grub32

I have several of the ridged shop vacs that purchased on black Friday for 25$ they are great and its coming up. I have 4 of them in my shop and love em.

Grub

gregs4163

My vote is for the "Fein" a little pricey but well worth it quiet and powerful! Probably the last Vac you'll buy. I bought one and I'll never look back.

PenMan1

I looked up Clearvue. It looks like the business was restarted by some folks here in Seattle. I don't see the small, shop vac sized cyclone now.

Yeah, It's not the same ClearVue.

I do have an extra (new) mini cyclone if you need it. I'll sell it as I am getting a new full-sized dust collection system.

Top Bottom