Shop Mojo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

yea it hit me for a few weeks seemed like everything I tried broke or did not work. I took a break from turning did some shop cleaning, build a new bench for my sharpening station. Then went back and did a simple turning nothing fancy just plain Jane and it worked. So stick it out try something easy and relax.

Fay Prozora

Yeppers,, I've had times when this happens to me too but it really doesn't last very long. I think the weather has some thing to do with it. All last week it was in the upper 40's to the lower 50's and this a.m. it was 38 and that is a bit too cold for me. Some times it's some thing else that gets in the way or I lose interest in a project but manage to finish it. It'll get better but yes I think every one has one of those walk away from it days... Fay

jewellmd

Matter of fact, I had that happen today. I blame it on the arctic cold weather we're having. What motivated me was that I just turned a new lathe tool that I've been itching to use...

So I went to the bench to make a fountain pen and forgot to make the tenon, then the kit broke upon assembly. Grr! In process for fixing it. For me, might have been best to not spin anything today.

solobiker

Happened to me today.. I just walked away. Played around with my scroll saw for a bit and even then it just was not happening.

Fay Prozora

My scroll saw isn't hooked up to electric as yet. I have to move a bunch of stuff around to get to the breaker box to flip the switch to turn on the electric to that part of the shop. So then I can go from turning to scrolling... Fay

My scroll saw isn't hooked up to electric as yet. I have to move a bunch of stuff around to get to the breaker box to flip the switch to turn on the electric to that part of the shop. So then I can go from turning to scrolling... Fay

My scroll saws are both setting on a shelf in the corner... one (the small one) works okay, but the big one has a problem.:mad:.. it has a high and low speed setting... the high speed is slower than the slow speed..:frown:
Think it's a capacitor that's bad and according to a local electrical motor repairman, it's a proprietary unit that I can only get from Dremel... and I'm thinking the saw is too old for them to carry parts... I've had it about 12-15 years. :frown:

Fay Prozora

I have a Shop Fox on the shelf that is not working right and I think it just needs new motor brushes and a tune up but I have my big yellow DeWalt 788 waiting to be used once I turn on the power to that side of the shop. I have some scraps I can make things out of. But will turn some things when I get to the shop tomorrow or the next day. Fay

Top Bottom