sheoak HF

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from David Keller

David Keller

I got a shipment from George(robutacion) toward the end of last year, and this sweet blank was among the assortment... Thanks, George! The medullary rays in this stuff are amazing.

It's about 6 inches in diameter. Finished with shellac and WOP. The finial is African blackwood.

Comments, criticism, and suggestions appreciated.
sheoak-HF-1.jpgsheoak-HF-2.jpgsheoak-HF-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

David,

Well, you and others that I share my woods with know that, I greatly appreciate to have the opportunity to see what my woods were used for, that is probably the highest reward and satisfaction I get from all my work.

While many of my shared woods/blanks are yet to be turned/worked on, I get very excited when I see them coming up and shown to the world. Salvaging or gathering woods that would be otherwise "destroyed" or simply left to rot on the ground or eaten by bugs...!:mad:, is only the first step of the whole exercise, to which I have a passion for.

From that moment on, every other step taken or work put into it, is only a partial representation of what it will be, when transformed into a finished piece such as this example of yours.

I'm very grateful that you have done true justice to all pieces that I supplied to you and you transformed into absolutely stunning pieces, showing also your capabilities and imagination/creativity, as a fine wood turner.

I can't remember exactly what I sent you, so I'm not sure if you have any other of my woods/blanks to work on/with, I hope that you do, as I never get tired to seen pieces like these.

Is really a shame that overseas freight costs are so terribly expensive, making my woods less "attractive" to those interested but, is no doubt, I'm a very lucky man to have these woods so close and available to me, some may turn out being an absolute nightmare to access/acquire/handle but in the end, we get rewarded and this piece of yours is a prime example of that...!

Thank you for accepting to work with my woods, your work is certainly admirable...!:wink:

PS: Attached is a couple of pics of the type of log, your piece come from...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC08977.jpg
    PIC08977.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 86
  • PIC08978.jpg
    PIC08978.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

David Keller

Thanks folks!

George, the pleasure is all mine! I do have a few pieces left to turn and/or finish. I know I've got a macrocarpa blank left, and there's a piece of something really curly with little gum streaks(can't remember the name). There may be another out there in the shop, but I don't recall. I'm sure there will be another order in my/your future.:biggrin:

Top Bottom