Shaving/Razor kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toyotaman

toyotaman

I'm thinking about trying one of these kits but was wondering about the quality. Are they hard to make and do they require more drill bits and tools? I'm also wanting to know if they would be good sellers at craft shows?, and at what price? What blades do they use? Looking for some good pictures too. I know this is alot of questions but it can help me plus others that might have the same type questions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

boxerman

The razors use 7mm tubes. I have made couple razors the mach 3. There really simple. And if you make the brush you have to have forstner bit to make the hole for the knot. But seems simple also. For a price for selling them depends on what you use for the blanks. I think they are good quality.

thewishman

If you can turn a pen, you can make a razor. They are very simple, a 7mm or J bit for drilling. The use the same size bushing as the big end of the Sierra Vista (also called the Wallstreet III by Woodcraft.) The ends press into the tubes and they use the Mach3 of Venus blades.

You have a lot of freedom in making coves and beads and such as there is a lot of material on the tubes.

JoeOCNJ

I made one out of acrylic for my dad for Christmas. He later told me that it was slippery (for him)... He had a stroke and has no use of his left hand and his right side is pretty weak. So, not sure if it's just him having a hard time holding on to it or if they are slippery to hold when they are wet.. Might want to consider some ridges or grooves to give texture. Haven't made any since to try myself.

sumterdad

I made one for the wife and she likes it. I also have to make one for a customer this month. They seem to be good quality

Top Bottom