Shaving Brushes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from eskimo

eskimo

I just finished these brushes last week.

From left to right, Spalted Tamarind with a Blue Lapis cup to hold the brush, Amboyna Burl with a Damascus Steel collar, Brown Mallee Burl with blue resin and Russian Bog Oak.

Attachments

• 9708full.jpg
    9708full.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 9711full.jpg
    9711full.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 9702afull.jpg
    9702afull.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 9710full.jpg
    9710full.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

very nice. good shapes to them. my favorite is the Mallee Burl with blue resin.. they're all awesome though. makes me want to get a couple kits and finally try it out.

eskimo

great photography by the way. mind if i ask your set up? still trying to figure out the best way for my stuff.

I use a Sony 6 megapixel Cybershot mounted on a tripod. I set the piece in a small lightbox (do a google search on 'tabletop photo studio') and let the lighting diffuse through the sides of the box. I use Photoshop Elements to crop the photo, insert the border and place the name at the bottom.

PaulDoug

Simply can not pick a favorite out of that batch. They are all super in their own way. Some of the finest I have seen. The Damascus Steel collar is really unique. Does Damascus Steel rust? That would be my only concern with it. Great selection, great turning.

eskimo

Simply can not pick a favorite out of that batch. They are all super in their own way. Some of the finest I have seen. The Damascus Steel collar is really unique. Does Damascus Steel rust? That would be my only concern with it. Great selection, great turning.

The Damascus Steel is a M3 Metal product with a resin component that eliminates the potential to rust. It's great for this application.

pfbarney

Great looking brushes! I used to restore antique brushes and actually got into wood turning so I could make my own. It's now a year later I just got around to starting on brushes and shaving kits. Your work is good inspiration. Thanks for posting!

Top Bottom