Shark Guard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

I had one of these blade guards on my old saw and I just installed one on my DW746 today.
What a difference from the crappy factory guard. If you are not familiar with them they are available from www.leestyron.com, a little spendy but well worth it.
The first picture is the DW746 quick release bracket
The second and third show it in the up and down position
The fitting on top is for dust collection

Attachments

• SGBkt.jpg
    SGBkt.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 890
  • SG1.jpg
    SG1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,334
  • SG2.jpg
    SG2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3,681
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Wow, you can really use a tablesaw with one of those things left on it? I thought they were just put on at the factory to keep the blade from getting damaged in shipping or something :)

Russianwolf

One thing to point out is that Lee makes these for saws that have a riving knife. This raises and lowers with the blade and tilts with it also so there is rarely a reason to remove it. Saws with a splitter that is static and mounted to the back of the saw are junk.

Whaler

One thing to point out is that Lee makes these for saws that have a riving knife. This raises and lowers with the blade and tilts with it also so there is rarely a reason to remove it. Saws with a splitter that is static and mounted to the back of the saw are junk.[/QUOTE

Saws that have a splitter that are static are not junk but saws that have a true riving knife that moves with the blade may be tad bit better. My DW746 is not junk and it uses the splitter system.

Russianwolf

One thing to point out is that Lee makes these for saws that have a riving knife. This raises and lowers with the blade and tilts with it also so there is rarely a reason to remove it. Saws with a splitter that is static and mounted to the back of the saw are junk.[/QUOTE

Saws that have a splitter that are static are not junk but saws that have a true riving knife that moves with the blade may be tad bit better. My DW746 is not junk and it uses the splitter system.

No, the splitter is junk, not the saw. :wink:

rjwolfe3

I have been wanting to get one of those for my Ryobi. But ran out of play money. The guys at BT3Central swear it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Top Bottom