Sewing Stuff Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OldWrangler

OldWrangler

Wifes been hinting that she would like a pretty box to keep her sewing stuff in. Things like scissors, needles, tape measure and other junk. I have built the box. It's 11" square and 6" deep. It has a lift out tray. Box is being varnished in the shop as I write but the top is indoors in the office to get it's final coat. Here's a picture of the top. There are about 10 different woods in the design. Took about 5 hours to cut assemble and glue all the pieces to a backer board of aromatic red cedar. Whatcha think?......

Attachments

• box top.jpg
    box top.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 226
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Looks good she should like it. I made one a year ago for the wife to keep her fancy teas in. Made the mistake of finishing the inside. Close it up for a couple days and you can still smell the finish when you open it. She uses it for her sewing supplies.

OldWrangler

Thanks Vern, hey are you gonna be at Mannie's on the 13th. Sounds like fun and I've been looking forward to meeting him. There are quite a few turners in the area so there outta be a good turn out. I'm riding down with Dion from Conroe. See you there.

George

CaptG

I think ya done good, and staring at the design almost makes me dizzy. Keeps changing like one of those optical illusion puzzles. Cool.

Top Bottom