Seven More Mirrors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

These are always a good seller at craft sales as long as I keep them plain and simple like this. I have made them with inlays and fancier handles etc in the past but could not get enough for them to justify the extra time involved so I now do them on more of a production scale for quick sales at a reasonable price.
I always get comments at craft sales that they look like all day lollipops . .lol . . .but I don't care about that as long as they keep buying them.

383024172.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

Cool. I've wanted to make one of these for a while but haven't got wood big enough or dry enough. There is an article in a mag i subscribe to that showed how to finish the front side leaving a tenon sunken in more than the thickness of the mirror so you can re-chuck it to finish the back.

David M

what size mirrors , glass part ? source for mirrors ?
that looks like a fun project , wife and kids brakes the handles off the cheep plastic ones .
nice looking set of mirrors

KenV

David -- the usual vendors (Craft Supply USA, Packard Woodworking, and Woodcraft) generally have an assortment of mirrors available. Both plain edged and beveled.

The tough ones are the oval mirrors -- and I have not learned those tricks yet.

Top Bottom