September PITH Sign-ups!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pesto126

Ok.. I'm in as well.. should be fun and force me back inside for some pen turning!

Pesto126
Massachusetts
Ship anywhere.. but prefer US if possible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

so a question.. is there a way that we can all see the pens others made after they are sent? I know I get a LOT of ideas from seeing others and it would help me for the next PITH event. :)

Posting photos after the fact is heavily encouraged....

(tho now that I say that, I realized that I have not posted the photo of the pen I recieved in the last PITH....)

mmyshrall

Ok.. WAY WAY out of my comfort and skill level here... but I am in

Wyone
(Mitch)
Colorado
Ship anywhere

Mitch,

I felt the same way during the last PITH. While I felt that my recipient is a much better penturner than I am, I tried my best and had fun in the process. So, my advice would be to not stress, do your best and have fun with it!

Michael

wyone

Thanks Michael. I appreciate the sentiment. I also have to say, when I went back and reread the description, especially the part that says basically, if you are going to complain about any pen you get not being up to your standards you should not join, it helped as well. I have ideas, but still working on skills. This just gives me one more way to work on my skills. So far, I have only given pens to my wife, and I actually just put two in the mail to two friends yesterday, so, waiting for the feedback from them. I am looking forward to more skills, and can only get those by reading and trying. :)

CrimsonKeel

Thanks Michael. I appreciate the sentiment. I also have to say, when I went back and reread the description, especially the part that says basically, if you are going to complain about any pen you get not being up to your standards you should not join, it helped as well. I have ideas, but still working on skills. This just gives me one more way to work on my skills. So far, I have only given pens to my wife, and I actually just put two in the mail to two friends yesterday, so, waiting for the feedback from them. I am looking forward to more skills, and can only get those by reading and trying. :)

I find that doing these pushes you to try harder and make a better pen knowing it will be going to another pen turner. So lets hope this is your best pen yet

Joe S.

Sign-ups closed at 54! Check in tomorrow for the pairings thread. I do have a picture of Mark James's partner, if you can find him. :biggrin:

wheres-waldo-future.jpg

Top Bottom