selling free stuff to other members

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Excuse the frank comment, but, I can't believe someone on this site is expecting to sell grips that come free with a kit to another member!! I have some I will send for free AND include the shipping!!
I am ok with selling them on EBAY or Amazon, but here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

It doesn't really bother me.
They weren't really free - they were part of the purchase price of the kit. If somebody made he gents without a clip, I would pay to buy the clips. I wouldn't buy grips as I don't care for them at all but... So, I hear you and I might go a different direction, but I can't say that it's 'wrong' Just my take. You are entitled to yours.

Last edited:

beck3906

Glenn,
I feel you are wrong on this subject and were wrong posting directly on the original thread. Things in the kits have value causing a retailer to set prices accordingly. Heck, I would sell air if I thought I could package it such where it could be marketed. :)

I may have a problem trying to sell a coupon offering a percent discount off an item. But not things included in kits.

Last edited:

JohnGreco

I believe there is a difference between offering fellow IAPers a deal vs. giving things away. Also, as somebody operating as a business, I believe there is probably also a difference between a hobby turner looking to get rid of unwanted pieces vs. a business needing to recoup expenses where possible.

I see nothing wrong with offering those for sale. Somebody at one time posted a pen they made from JUST those grips...should the person who paid for the grips not be reimbursed for their share? If I shamed somebody into giving them away for free, then turned around and made a profit on them, is that really fair?

sbell111

Excuse the frank comment, but, I can't believe someone on this site is expecting to sell grips that come free with a kit to another member!! I have some I will send for free AND include the shipping!!
I am ok with selling them on EBAY or Amazon, but here?

I find your comments in the other thread to be inappropriate as is your calling out of the person in this thread. That being said, your basic premise that it is wrong to sell kit parts doesn't make much sense, in my opinion.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I have deleted the comments in the original sales thread as they were definately not appropriate there.

Even this thread is relatively unappropriate here as it breaks the idea... this is VENDOR cheers/jeers.

It might be more appropriate in casual conversation... but regardless, here is my thoughts.

- No part of a pen kit is "free". If there is free pen kits, sign me up! Who is to judge which parts of a kit is "free"... is it the ink refills, etc.
- Overall there is NOTHING breaking the rules by selling any parts of pen stuff in our marketplace.
- If the price is too high, or invalid - no one would buy it. We don't force anyone to buy anything.

Most importantly, lets stay away from personal attacks folks!

Dean
Asst Moderator

BSea

I guess I don't see the harm. They could be used with any slimline to make them into a comfort pen. I wouldn't buy them, but someone might have a use for them. If someone is ok with buying them, then what's the problem? If it's truly a bad deal, then they won't sell, and it takes care of itself.

magier412

My totally unsolicited opinion is that anyone is welcome to offer things for sale...if you aren't interested, don't buy it. I personally don't see a problem with offering the comfort grips for sale - I'm not interested in them, so I didn't give them much attention. No harm, no foul IMHO.

Top Bottom