mickr

Curly maple & bloodwood ..36 pieces per row...8 1/2 inches high

Attachments

• DSCN0664.jpg
    DSCN0664.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

Absolutely Beautiful! I cant imagine how many hours you have in this piece but everyone of them was worth it! Great job!

PTownSubbie

Mick,

I have done a few segmented bowls. Nothing that elaborate.

INCREDIBLE WORK!!!! What is the diameter?

Inspiration has been planted to give it a try. Did you hollow it or do it in two pieces and glue it together?

mickr

Mick,

I have done a few segmented bowls. Nothing that elaborate.

INCREDIBLE WORK!!!! What is the diameter?

Inspiration has been planted to give it a try. Did you hollow it or do it in two pieces and glue it together?
Thanks PTown & every one else who took time to comment..PT: it's about 8" in diam..and what will blow most people's minds is all the cuts were made on a mitre box..yep, powered by my old worn out arm!! That's over 1200 cuts!!! No I built it up row by row and hollowed as I went..but of course one could do in two parts and hollow as one went and glue together BUT I think you may find in something as intricate as this design you may lose the pattern..maybe not..PT go to my member's gallery and you will se a picture of this being built on the lathe....thanks again for your comment:)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Neat job! My woodworking mentor cuts his pieces for his work by the garbage can load. I have cut with him now twice, and we have literally filled multiple 50 gallon cans with segmented pieces to glue together. I would die if we had to do it by hand......Nicely done!

Top Bottom