Seed Pods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

Here is a picture of the pine cones ( seed pods ) from the Norfolk Island Pine that are in bloom in this area of Florida. Do you pen blank casters have any interest and do you use this material for making blanks? I can gather up quite a large number of them , if they can be used. .......maybe we can make a trade for wood, etc. The size seems to be right, 2 1/2 - 4 " long by 3/4 " dia and they are soft. Thanks.

Joe

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood128

They seem quite dry and flexible , and have a rather nice aroma . Do you cast this material. I am not a caster ......don't know very much about it.
Joe

Ambidex

still have green tops prolly around 30%...but dry out very fast...very porous but would make for very perty casts....would love to see..not able to or I would love to see them in a cast:cool:

wood128

I tried drying one in the microwave . 15 seconds and the pod lost its flexibility and seems very dry. I am air drying a few in the sun to see how that works.

Joe

wood128

These are pollen pods , not seed pods. I dried 4 of them outside in the Florida sun today and they seem stable and not to fragile. Here is a picture of them on the tree.

Attachments

• ar-he05.jpg
    ar-he05.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 123
Top Bottom