Sea Shore Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DestinTurnings

I made these from three color homecast PR. It was a two part pour and I added some sugar white Destin, FL beach sand between layers and glued down a couple of shells while I was there. I mixed a little pearl in with the clear topcoat and the photos make it stand out a bit more than it does when you look at them in person.

It was really fun getting the blanks out of the PVC since when I poured the clear, it seeped down into the space where the bottom layer shrunk when it cured.

Stop2a.jpg

Stop2b.jpg

Stop2c.jpg

Stop1c.jpg

Stop1a.jpg

Stop1b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bowl Slinger

Excellent imagination!
A tip for your PVC molds. On the band saw make a cut all the way through one side. When you go to pour place a piece of masking tape down the cut to seal it. After the blank has cured, remove the tape and use a screw driver and twist it in the cut. This will release the mold and the blank will fall right out.

Justturnin

ugh.........Show off!!!!:eek:

Nice work. I bet those will be a hit.

I don't get the green and blue. Should it not be brown like the ocean maybe with some black blobs resembling tar balls......or is that just Galveston?

Last edited:

Justturnin

I don't get the green and blue. Should it not be brown like the ocean maybe with some black blobs resembling tar balls......or is that just Galveston?

Not so sure about the ocean where you are...this is where I spend a lot of my time in the summer.

Crab Island Destin, FL

Well there you go, showin off again.:biggrin: What a spectacular view you have there my friend.

BSea

Nice work. And a great idea.

I was in Destin for a week in May. And it just so happens, I brought back a 20 oz coke bottle full of Destin sand. Hmmmm . . . . Who's work should I cop . . . . . . . . . . . . I Mean. . . . . . . . What should I make?

You obviously haven't been to Destin. It's not called the "Emerald Coast" for nothing.:wink:

Drstrangefart

Those are some works of genius there. Normally I'm not a big fan of the seashell type stuff (long story), but I have to hand you some credit for imagination, execution and a wonderful finished product.

Top Bottom