Scholarships and Grants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
(If this post isn't allowed definitely take it down).

Hey all,
I'm trying to find scholarships and grants for going to school next year. I was wondering if any of your companies offer them or if you know of any for turners.
I'm scared I won't be able to afford much college.

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have a friend that does college software for enrollment for some of the major colleges in the U.S. I asked him one time about college for those that think they cant afford it.. his answer was apply apply apply. There is a book of grants and scholarships you can apply for. If you have a guidance counselor ask him or Google it. However, he stated get accepted into a college first then worry about paying for it. The college you get accepted to will help you find money as well as the fact there are student loans.

I just now ran a Search using "book of grants and scholarships" on Google and Found several links and good information.

Last edited:

nativewooder

Most College Libraries have a collection of books about how to apply for grants. They also usually have a catalogue of hundreds of thousands of available grants. You will have to do a lot of the work yourself, but I know of people who are attending very expensive schools with all expenses paid due to their working to get grants.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
(If this post isn't allowed definitely take it down).

Hey all,
I'm trying to find scholarships and grants for going to school next year. I was wondering if any of your companies offer them or if you know of any for turners.
I'm scared I won't be able to afford much college.

Michael
Look for private grants --- believe it or not there are some grants that are based on the grantees surname and there are lots of places to approach. For quite a few years my wife and I gave a $500 grant to a student from the high school our kids graduated from...some years we had to send the school a note to remind someone to apply. We gave them the grant after they completed one semester. S tjere is money out there.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
There are some great community colleges that give you a good education for a lot less money than 4 year schools. Many are feeder schools to the larger 4 year programs and if you do well, there is money available. I know of many success stories of peple who started there.

ericw95

I think it also depends on what you want to go to school for. Many associations have scholarships like the Project Management Institute. If you are employed, check with your employer - mine paid for my masters degree except books.

I have a friend that does college software for enrollment for some of the major colleges in the U.S. I asked him one time about college for those that think they cant afford it.. his answer was apply apply apply. There is a book of grants and scholarships you can apply for. If you have a guidance counselor ask him or Google it. However, he stated get accepted into a college first then worry about paying for it. The college you get accepted to will help you find money as well as the fact there are student loans.

I just now ran a Search using "book of grants and scholarships" on Google and Found several links and good information.

Sounds awesome. I'm trying to avoid student loans if I can, but that gives me some hope. Thanks

Hess

Look into the US Public Health Service They will pay all Expenses and after the 2 year they will pay you about 30 a year to go to school. then when out you will pay back to them buy working in a related job with them

Top Bottom