Scanner Photo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galanw

When I saw that a scanner could get a decent picture, I thought I would take a stab at posting my latest snakewood (Comfort). I was thinking about creating a photo setup, but I think I'll just stay in the workshop for now.
AGWSnakewoodII.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Scanners can be OK for small object pictures. To make it look a little better, buy a variety of colors of the square felt sheets sold at Wal-Mart. Using those as a background will ehance your pens. They cost about 39 cents each.

Fangar

Very nice pen.

Scanner images have no depth in relation to a properly lighted and displayed pen. There really is not much work to a decent photo setup. Mostly it is in the camera settings.

Fangar

Galanw

I did a little lightening and sharpening in Paint Shop Pro. And I will try using other backgrounds. But I know that it will never match a good photo setup.

Kaspar

All mine are done on a scanner.

However, I really do need to get a digital camera and have my photographer friend come and set me up a little picture taking set. He recommends a seamless BG too.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi all,
I have been reading this topic with interest as I really struggle to take decent pics. I'm sure its not the camera's fault cos I can't even set the video machine!!! Having seen this scanned pic, I would be happy with results like that. I just dragged my old scanner out of the loft and tried to hook it up. Big mistake!! I didn't have the driver, so went online to get one. Another big mistake!! The short story is I threw my toys out of the cot. Almost chucked the my pc out the door with the scanner!
If anyone has a Kodak DX6490, could you please give me some clues on how to take decent close ups? And now that I need a new scanner, are they all the same-is? If I paid a couple of bucks more would it give better pics than a budget job?
Kaspar, why don't you post pics of your scanned pens?

Looking forward to any advice
Thanks
Skiprat

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have scanned pictures in the past and they look like a "representatiopn of the pen.
It does not come slose to a crisp clear picture.If you take time withthe settings as Fangar said there is no need for editing.
I use no light tents or fancy set ups.
My pictures are exactly what I am seeing in real life.
A scanned "picture" of a pen is not even close no matter how "good" it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom