Scalloped Practice Piece

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Wow... That may have been practice, but it turned out amazing!!!

My brain couldn't wrap around it at all.... but then I looked at the middle and figured out that like many of your bowls, the final results is amazing with "relatively" simple designs.

William - In my opinion you should make and market a dvd to go with your RM... from basics, to glue ups to finishing. I know I'd buy it!

W.Y.

Wow... That may have been practice, but it turned out amazing!!!

My brain couldn't wrap around it at all.... but then I looked at the middle and figured out that like many of your bowls, the final results is amazing with "relatively" simple designs.

William - In my opinion you should make and market a dvd to go with your RM... from basics, to glue ups to finishing. I know I'd buy it!

Nobody has to buy a DVD on how to make bowls on a RM . I have the most comprehensive Ringmaster Lathe Turning board on the entire internet in my own site and I also have many separate videos I have made myself about in my Videos board on cutting blanks , some on cutting the rings and glue ups and sanding as well as finishing. There are also some tutorials on my Tutorials board.

There really isn't any mystery to the type of glue up for that one . But extreme accuracy in the steps is critical for it to turn out right. It is simply a laminated flat board cut into segments (wedges).

Thanks to all for the nice comments but as my first one like that , it is not as good as I would have liked it to be but I learned things on that one and the next one should be better . Upon close inspection some of the pointed parts do not line up as good as I had expected .
I will sell that one at a craft sale to someone for half price as a prototype for $30.00 instead of a normal $60.00 for that type of a bowl.

Top Bottom