Satillite city ncf accelerator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

It doesn't seem to do much of anything for me.

I started using Stick fast brand early on and I love it. It's like instant hard.

Woodcraft was out so I picked up this can. It smells great but I spray it and my finish is still tacky.

Is it because its no cfc or just a milder formula?

Either way my plan is to run back to Stick fast.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

I have used NCF with great success. Use the Stickfast CA as well. As said above mist it. I tried the stick fast aerosol and it did not work at all for me. I believe the key is to mist the spray. It gives a light complete spray and works instantly.

Dan Masshardt

I'll experiment some more but I'm defiantly going back to stick fast. It just worked perfectly.

It is aerosol.

I had no desire to change brands. The purchase was put of necessity.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
When I was selling EZ Bond, they had two types of accelerator, the regular that is acetone based and the mild which is heptane based. Based on my personal experience, I had better luck with the acetone based accelerator, it tended to cause the CA to set quicker. You might check the MSDS of the accelerator that is giving you bad results and see what the base stock is.

Dan Masshardt

I have used NCF with great success. Use the Stickfast CA as well. As said above mist it. I tried the stick fast aerosol and it did not work at all for me. I believe the key is to mist the spray. It gives a light complete spray and works instantly.

I did get somewhat better results today not holding the button down as far. I guess that's what misting means.

I'm glad that I can get some better result out of it.

Thanks for the tips.

Dan Masshardt

When I was selling EZ Bond, they had two types of accelerator, the regular that is acetone based and the mild which is heptane based. Based on my personal experience, I had better luck with the acetone based accelerator, it tended to cause the CA to set quicker. You might check the MSDS of the accelerator that is giving you bad results and see what the base stock is.

Interesting. I'll have to look and compare.

It was not having me a bad finish, just not hardening quickly.

As I just mentioned, I got better results today with the misting technique.

I will still go back to stick fast after this because it just works for me without technique.

I use the brand that exotic now is the carrier for in the medium strength and it does a great job. I also use the refillable bottle and compressed air and really like that system with the fine nozzle.

jttheclockman

Don't mix brands.

Why not? I've been using NCF and hyper-bond for awhile now with glass clarity results.

Not all brands of CA are the same as well as the bonder. You are lucky that it works for you. Why does one want to mix brands.???? Buy the CA that works for you and the accelerant that goes with it and then we can avoid some of these CA issues. At least try to avoid some of them.

Top Bottom