Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

Here is one I finished up today:
DSC_0910.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

DSC_0912.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

The material is Sapphire Blue Lucite reverse painted silver. The kit is a sterling silver Baron, a really beautiful plating! I put the Heritance nib in for the pictures, but I still need to tune it. I can't decide if I want to keep or sell it... I had a really good time making it, (except for a small catch that almost went below diameter) and I hope you like it. C&C is always helpful, and it would be nice if you were really harsh this time, it helps me learn!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glen r

The silver back painting makes the sapphire blue color just "pop". Great job and one that would likely be a keeper at my house. I'm not a great fan of postable pens but could learn to like this one.

stonepecker

I can't be harsh about this pen.

It looks great to me. I love the color. Where did you get the blank? When you say "reverse painted" are you talking about painting the inside of the blank or painting the tube?

That has a lot of sparkle in that pen.

Hendu3270

Joe, you asked for harse so don't hold it against me.

1. In the first pic, there appears to be a partial finger print on the chorme plating.

2. In the second pic, I'm not sure if there is an ink mark on the paper or if it is a stray hair. It shows up again in pics 3 and 4, and I'm leaning towards an ink mark.

That's about it:biggrin:

Pen looks great. Fit and finish are spot on. If it were me, that little black finial would have been popped out and a custom finial turned from the same Blue Lucite would have been used.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Very hard to be "harsh" from a photo. Everything looks like great fit and finish and a very well-made pen.

Your second photo with the pen "posted" shows really good attention to detail. The "pattern" in the blank continues from pen to cap, even when posted---very few pen makers pay attention to that detail-----WELL done!!

Ed

Joe S.

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of thing I was asking for! I looked, that is an ink mark on the backdrop, and the rest of it is a little dirty too. :biggrin:

The finger print doesn't surprise me, I wasn't very careful about that when I set up the pen. I'll get some gloves or somthing next time.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom