Sailing bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sylvanite

Sylvanite

In sailboat racing, a first place finish is called a "bullet". I race a 16ft catamaran called an "Isotope", and for the National Championship coming up this weekend, I made these bullet keychains. Five races are scheduled over two days, and I'm planning to give a keychain to the winner of each race. So, each person who takes a bullet, gets a bullet.

I made a variety of calibers. From top to bottom, they are: 5.56 NATO (a.k.a. 223 Remington), 7.62x39mm, 243 Winchester, 7.62 NATO (a.k.a. 308 Winchester), and 30-06 Springfield. Each one is laser-marked "Isotope Nationals 2010", where the "I" is the Isotope sail logo.

I hope you like them,
Eric

Attachments

• IsotopeBullets.jpg
    IsotopeBullets.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 426
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Good Luck, Eric! I used to race 16 -18 foot Hobies and Prindles. What great fun! I have only seen one Isotope, and that critter was CONSIDERABLY faster than my little Hobie. What great fun. Be safe! Win it with fancy start at the gun and just keep adding distance!

The prizes are nice, but you can't go to a regata and NOT race!

Sylvanite

Well, the regatta was a big success. We had great wind, 15 boats, and 5 races over 2 days. The Waccamaw Sailing Club put on a fabulous steak and fish dinner and everybody had a wonderful time. The "bullet" keychains went over well, although I only managed to give away two of them.

That doesn't bother me much though - as I got to take this home with me: :biggrin:

Attachments

• IsotopeNationalsTrophy.jpg
    IsotopeNationalsTrophy.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 213
Top Bottom