Rolling Pin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

Tried something new today. Not thrilled with the ascetics of the handles but they feel good in the hands. Cherry wood sanded to 400 with mineral oil to finish.

I also had a first chance to use my 24" tool rest. Cool.

Attachments

• image-261969521.jpg
    image-261969521.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 206
  • image-265676145.jpg
    image-265676145.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 181
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

It could just be the photo, but it looks like the handle on the right flares out more than on the left side. If true, that could be the source of your discontent. Beyond that, a rolling pin is a utilitarian device, not usually a piece of art. I am sure it will get a lot of use.

A 24 inch tool rest??? WOW! Never seen one before. Thanks for the photo. (I will never post a photo of my 4 inch rest now....)

Dan Masshardt

It could just be the photo, but it looks like the handle on the right flares out more than on the left side. If true, that could be the source of your discontent. Beyond that, a rolling pin is a utilitarian device, not usually a piece of art. I am sure it will get a lot of use.

A 24 inch tool rest??? WOW! Never seen one before. Thanks for the photo. (I will never post a photo of my 4 inch rest now....)

The beginning and ends of both handles are the same diameter but the sweep is in fact slightly off. My wife claims that the recipient will love it, so ill have to take her word for it. :) She also wrote a cool poem to go with the rolling pin.

That tool rest was so much nicer than constantly moving the 12" rest back and forth. Go old Delta! Luckily, the lathe came with it when I bought it. I've seen them go up to $100 on eBay. That and having the extra banjo were cool bonuses.

Top Bottom