Rockwell Bladerunner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I have one........I use it.......There are better saws out there.
Great saw for putting doll houses together. Not quite as good as the ads tell you.

dogcatcher

My neighbor bought one after I told him not to. He used it one time and took it back, it is not much more than a saber saw mounted upside down in a box. Surprisingly he bought a Harbor Fright table saw and we made a sled for it. It works as good as my old Delta, smaller and not as powerful, but a lot better than the Bladerunner.

Rockytime

I had the Bladerunner. Tried it and immediately gave it to my church's yard sale. Now I feel guilty for letting it go into some poor innocent's hands. Rockwell should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on it. I don't have time to tell you how I really feel about it.

Skie_M

What rockwell doesn't give you with their model is a way to secure the work against the table so that it isn't jumping up at your face and hands constantly.

I'm still gathering parts to create something similar to a rockwell bladerunner for some small parts work out of a Harbor Freight jigsaw.

I will mount it underneath the table and use a zero tolerance insert to keep work from being sucked down by the blade, and mount a clear acrylic tube over top the blade that I can push down on the workpiece in order to see the line I am cutting and keep the workpiece against the table. The tube will also provide vacuum clearing of the dust and chips from above.

I will use a REVERSE CUT blade in the jigsaw so that when it is mounted upside down, the saw will cut while being pulled back down towards the table, rather than trying to cut on an up-stroke. This will also mean that the force being used to keep the work on the table doesn't have to be extreme, and I will have the necessary play to move the piece around as I desire.

When working with home-made tools, keep in mind that your safety is your concern. If you don't make it a high priority, you have only yourself to blame for any injury caused to yourself, your property, and your friends or family, if there are any accidents.

I blame rockwell for not properly providing appropriate documentation and attachments for their tool to prevent accidental misuse or improper use as well as their failure to plan for appropriate safety equipment that should have been built into their design.

The fact that they don't even supply the appropriate type and style of cutting blades to use their tool safely is beyond negligent. (reverse cut)

jttheclockman

What rockwell doesn't give you with their model is a way to secure the work against the table so that it isn't jumping up at your face and hands constantly.

I'm still gathering parts to create something similar to a rockwell bladerunner for some small parts work out of a Harbor Freight jigsaw.

I will mount it underneath the table and use a zero tolerance insert to keep work from being sucked down by the blade, and mount a clear acrylic tube over top the blade that I can push down on the workpiece in order to see the line I am cutting and keep the workpiece against the table. The tube will also provide vacuum clearing of the dust and chips from above.

I will use a REVERSE CUT blade in the jigsaw so that when it is mounted upside down, the saw will cut while being pulled back down towards the table, rather than trying to cut on an up-stroke. This will also mean that the force being used to keep the work on the table doesn't have to be extreme, and I will have the necessary play to move the piece around as I desire.

When working with home-made tools, keep in mind that your safety is your concern. If you don't make it a high priority, you have only yourself to blame for any injury caused to yourself, your property, and your friends or family, if there are any accidents.

I blame rockwell for not properly providing appropriate documentation and attachments for their tool to prevent accidental misuse or improper use as well as their failure to plan for appropriate safety equipment that should have been built into their design.

The fact that they don't even supply the appropriate type and style of cutting blades to use their tool safely is beyond negligent. (reverse cut)

Why not just get a scroll saw. Basically the same action as what you described.

CREID

I had the Bladerunner. Tried it and immediately gave it to my church's yard sale. Now I feel guilty for letting it go into some poor innocent's hands. Rockwell should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name on it. I don't have time to tell you how I really feel about it.

Do a few hail Mary's and you'll be fine. :devil:

Curt

Skie_M

Because I'm currently out of a job and have no money to buy anything nice? :)

The jigsaw I've had for a few months ... I can always simply detach it from the table and use it normally with a normal blade inserted.

A rockwell blade runner is supposed to be a cheap version of a scroll saw... the problem is that that inventor sucks at invention.

jttheclockman

Because I'm currently out of a job and have no money to buy anything nice? :)

The jigsaw I've had for a few months ... I can always simply detach it from the table and use it normally with a normal blade inserted.

A rockwell blade runner is supposed to be a cheap version of a scroll saw... the problem is that that inventor sucks at invention.

Don't get hurt. A hospital bill will cost more that a saw. Jury rigging something that is not suppose to be can be dangerous. Good luck.

Can't see why you can not do what you want upright without mounting under a table. A jigsaw is designed to cut upright. I do not see any advantage under a table.

Last edited:

Skie_M

While it's mounted under the table, I can use BOTH my hands to guide the work, and thus, I should be much safer.

Top Bottom