Can this blade be saved?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Somehow I have managed to break a tooth on my 3/4" carbide 105" VERY EXPENSIVE bandsaw blade. Is there anywhere I can send it to have a tooth replaced?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

See if you have any saw sharpening places nearby. If they can't fix it have them, or do it yourself, grind off the blade part of the tooth and use it like before. It should work fine with a tooth missing unless you really push it.

Lucky2

Sharon, it's almost impossible to give you the correct/proper answer, without knowing the brand, or, seeing a picture of the damage. Information like this is usually needed, to help a person out of a situation.
Len

robutacion

Somehow I have managed to break a tooth on my 3/4" carbide 105" VERY EXPENSIVE bandsaw blade. Is there anywhere I can send it to have a tooth replaced?

Hi Sharon

How many teeth per inch...???

if it is over 3 TPI, you don't have to be worried,, if the carbide tip fall off or snapped, you do nothing (don't have to) however, if what is left of the tooth is pushed way out compared with the other teeth, it will scratch deeply your wood on the cut and if that is the situation you grab a pair of plies and you straighten it, the blade teeth should be "racked" right, left and probably center (straight) the damage tooth being bend straight would be where I would bent it to.

Consider the number of teeth on that blade, one left tooth won't make any difference.

The other thing that you need to check is that, when the tooth broke the blade itself didn't get stretch and create a wobble, that sometimes is easy to repair, other time not so much.

Hope this helps you, a little...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

jttheclockman

What brand? If it is a laguna they can repair it if it's a lennox I don't think so.
Eugene.

I buy Lennox all the time and they can be fixed for sure. They will weld a new section in. How do you think they make different size band saw blades. Cut from rolled steel and welded.

If it is one tooth you will not notice a difference unless the tooth is proud of the edge of the blade.

Gee George you type faster than me.:)

One other thing make sure there is no cracks in the blade where the tooth is missing. Something caused this and could cause other things. Take a good look at it.

Last edited:

ElMostro

What brand? If it is a laguna they can repair it if it's a lennox I don't think so.
Eugene.

I buy Lennox all the time and they can be fixed for sure. They will weld a new section in. How do you think they make different size band saw blades. Cut from rolled steel and welded.

If it is one tooth you will not notice a difference unless the tooth is proud of the edge of the blade.

One other thing make sure there is no cracks in the blade where the tooth is missing. Something caused this and could cause other things. Take a good look at it.

Have you had them fix one of your blades before?

jttheclockman

Eugene.

Absolutely. I use 105" Lennox 3/4" carbide blades all the time for resawing. I have 3 of them and rotate. I had to have a section taken out to repair a broken blade and when it broke it caused damage to a few other teeth.

Last edited:

ElMostro

Eugene.

Absolutely. I use 105" Lennox 3/4" carbide blades all the time for resawing.

Hmm, I bought one form one of their resellers and it snapped with less that 2 hours of cutting and I asked if they could repair it for me and they pretty much said i was SOL...should have called lennox direct, now I know,

jttheclockman

Eugene.

Absolutely. I use 105" Lennox 3/4" carbide blades all the time for resawing.

Hmm, I bought one form one of their resellers and it snapped with less that 2 hours of cutting and I asked if they could repair it for me and they pretty much said i was SOL...should have called lennox direct, now I know,

That is who I deal with a Lennox dealer but they can weld just about any blade if it is a matter of just that. But if they have to replace any length of it then it would have to use that manufacturer because everyone has their own designs and material make-ups.

Yes every blade has a weld in it to begin with and it has happened that the weld snaps. I have read this on other forums.

Top Bottom