Rocking Horse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jyreene

jyreene

So I finally got the Rocking Horse done along with 1 pen that I will post when I find my camera battery charger and my wife's Christmas present, which I will post after Christmas in case she wanders around here.

It is made of Red Oak for the majority of the horse. The only piece of oak that was one piece was the seat/saddle the rest came from a few pieces of wood. The Handle is made of Mesquite that a friend found on the road in San Angelo. The Foot peg is made of Yellow and Purple Heart. My dad made that one. There is not one piece of metal in the entire thing. It is all dowels and glue.

I'm pretty sure it is strong enough to hold my son when he is old enough as you'll see from the included pictures. Thanks for all the help I got in making this. I'm looking forward to actually having shop time and my own shop.

Semper Fi

Attachments

• Rocking Horse.jpg
    Rocking Horse.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Rocking Horse II.jpg
    Rocking Horse II.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Rocking Horse III.jpg
    Rocking Horse III.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Rocking Horse IV.jpg
    Rocking Horse IV.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks great and very similar to one that my father in law made for my first son, 21 years ago.
Looks like mum will make sure it is well 'run in' by the time your son gets a go on it:biggrin:

Karin Voorhis

nice! will be a cherished gift for a lifetime. But will it make it as a gift or is she going to be taking it onto the next rodeo?

jyreene

At least it will hold my kid when he is old enough for it! And of course there was no room in my mom's carry on for the horse so it's all Henry's. I think this is what he will do when he is old enough to know how to use the horse.

Attachments

• Henry Smiling V.jpg
    Henry Smiling V.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Top Bottom