Robinair (15310) stopped working after 6 months

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VotTak

Hi there,
My Robinair (15310) VacuMaster Single Stage Vacuum Pump stopped working. I'm looking for solution as what to do in this situation.
It was bought on amazon(March 29 2015) and I cannot return it as it is more than 30 days. So I cannot return it for exchange, and I cannot send it for repairs.
So looks like amazon is not helping at all. Any suggestions in terms of what to do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

Did you pay with a credit card?

Some cards offer "double the warranty" for any purchases. It's worth looking to see if you get coverage under this type of plan.

VotTak

Hi Duncan,
Yes I did pay by credit card. I have not explored that option yet, coz I got some update.
Maybe someone will be in my shoes so one can use my approach.
I called Robinair service and was told that my pump was made in China( right, I knew that at the time of purchase) and they do not have parts to restore it(kind of sad). So they offer to sell to me different pump(refurbished) which is better than mine for $225.
While considering to buy that pump I decided to explore more options from Amazin. So, I contacted them and they sent new pump to me. Tomorrow by 8 PM I will have it. They also emailed me return label for bad pump. Looks like life goes on! I'm happy... till my pump will broke again. Not sure what do I do than.

Last edited:

duncsuss

Well that's great news!

Did Amazon tell you they are replacing it under some kind of warranty?

(I thought the 30 days was for returns because you don't like the item, but your first post made it sound like 30 days was the limit for any kind of return, even if the item broke down.)

VotTak

Representative did not specify the reason for replacement. And at the moment he told me about replacement I was too happy to ask questions.
For my item amazon has 30 days return. Maybe for different items their "Return for repair" is working.

Top Bottom