Rikon air filtration 400 on sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

My local woodcraft in Minneapolis has this Rikon air filter 15% off. Anyone have this or recommend something as good as cheap?

Also, never had one of these and wanted to know better the maintenance for this. ARe the filets washable or re useable?

I'd hate to have to put $30 or so into it every month.

I have a 11x19x8ft shop.

or I have the following local craigslist options.

Ridgid Air Filtration machine..Works Great!

other thoughts

Attachments

• 20160129_221335.jpg
    20160129_221335.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Ethan

The unit is a 400cfm unit which is fine for the size shop you have. It will take longer to clean the air though as opposed to a 900cfm unit but the price will be about twice as much. It comes with the bells and whistles. The remote and timer. The 2 filters used are not found in any home center so they must be bought from a place where they sell those units. The outer filter is a 5micron filter and it is cleanable from what I can tell. The inner filter is not. it is a cloth unit and captures 1micron dust. That is the more expensive filter but they last a long time. You could vac the outer edges of them but not inside.

The bottom photo you show is a waste of money. It is designed to set up near a specific tool such as a scroll saw. You would be better with the ceiling hung unit. Not sure what price you are looking at but check around. They are not that expensive. Amazon has them.

JimB

I have the Grizzly version of the Rikon and it works fantastic. My shop is 10x18. It makes a huge difference in the air quality and I set it on the lowest of the 3 speeds. The timer is great. I start the unit when I enter the sop and let it run for an hour after I leave.

As for the filters, they both pop out without tools. I take them outside and gently blow them out with compressed air. You do not wash them.

JimB

Oh, I should have mentioned one of the guys at the local Woodcraft has the Rikon in his shop. He said he has had in for many, many years and has never replaced the filters, just uses compressed air to clean them.

jttheclockman

Yes but which Rikon??? The model 400 is a small unit. The 900 is the larger version that mimics the jet. Depending on which unit one of the filters is washable and the other is cloth. At least it is that way on the jet or the PSI unit.

Top Bottom