Replacable pen marking kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pdx2245

I was looking for a kit for replaceable knife marking kits. I saw a YouTube on it and found a forum thread on this site.
I found this and ordered 2 sets. Got a reply with confirmation over a month ago. Nothing since. The site listed is not a valid address to respond to.
Here is a copy of the email receipt.

Dear T...... ......
Thank you for ordering from mosupervs.live The order information as follows:
The order number:23907

Products Price Quantity Total
Replaceable Blade Craft/Marking Knife Kits The International Association of Penturners $27.00 2 $54.00
SubTotal $54.00
Discount $0.00
Shipping Fee. $0.00
Total $54.00

We will email you tracking number in 2-4 days.
If you have any problems, please kindly contact us ASAP.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Does anyone know how to reach these people?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

I was looking for a kit for replaceable knife marking kits. I saw a YouTube on it and found a forum thread on this site.
I found this and ordered 2 sets. Got a reply with confirmation over a month ago. Nothing since. The site listed is not a valid address to respond to.

Dear T...... ......

Replaceable Blade Craft/Marking Knife Kits The International Association of Penturners $27.00 2 $54.00
SubTotal $54.00
Discount $0.00
Shipping Fee. $0.00
Total $54.00

Sincerely,
Customer Service

Looks like you may have gotten scammed, at least according to this thread on a different forum :

I'd run a chargeback if you can.

egnald

From what I can see based on the original post which is more than 3 years old, these knife kits were being custom built by an IAP member, PersonMakeObject, who joined on Oct 16, 2020 and was last online Jan 16, 2023. The user details indicate the user is Keven Groenke from Minneapolis, MN. The link in his signature goes off to some kind of linktr.ee site. The shopping link on his site takes you to his (personmakeobject) square site and there is also a link to an Etsy store. (There are reviews on the Etsy store dated Mar 28, 2024 and Apr 8, 2024, so there appears to be some recent activity there anyway).

He also has a presence and can be see holding a knife on linkedin that pretty much confirms some of the information in his IAP profile. Minneapolis MN, was involved in Academics before retiring, etc. I also found him on Facebook under "Person Make Object" and it appears that he has been posting there as recently as May 7, 2024.

I haven't found anything yet that references the "mosupervs" web site you posted about though.
Maybe he is tied into it somehow considering the response you received - It's hard to tell.

My only suggestion would be to try to reach him through Linkedin or Facebook.

Good Luck,
Dave

pdx2245

From what I can see based on the original post which is more than 3 years old, these knife kits were being custom built by an IAP member, PersonMakeObject, who joined on Oct 16, 2020 and was last online Jan 16, 2023. The user details indicate the user is Keven Groenke from Minneapolis, MN. The link in his signature goes off to some kind of linktr.ee site. The shopping link on his site takes you to his (personmakeobject) square site and there is also a link to an Etsy store. (There are reviews on the Etsy store dated Mar 28, 2024 and Apr 8, 2024, so there appears to be some recent activity there anyway).

He also has a presence and can be see holding a knife on linkedin that pretty much confirms some of the information in his IAP profile. Minneapolis MN, was involved in Academics before retiring, etc. I also found him on Facebook under "Person Make Object" and it appears that he has been posting there as recently as May 7, 2024.

I haven't found anything yet that references the "mosupervs" web site you posted about though.
Maybe he is tied into it somehow considering the response you received - It's hard to tell.

Good Luck,
Dave
Thankd

Darios

Good Luck,
Dave
There is unfortunately a more than small chance that PersonMakeObject has nothing to do with mosupervs.live.
Aside from the flags on the forum post I found (fake business address, copy/pasted pics from another site) the whois entry shows a big flag itself
-- Registered On: 2024-01-30

This is likely a scammer who skimmed thousands of images and articles to put together a false shopping site that uses real activity (like PertsonMakeObject's forum posts here) to add a veneer of authenticity to what is otherwise a pretty shifty looking setup.
They programmatically set a site up every few months, hide behind Cloudflare's lack of ethics, and when it runs it's course just sets up again with
a slightly different name.

I found a similar story about cufflovesm.live from 2023 where the poster had noticed that he is being featured in the scam .

@pdx225 - you might want to read this article about covering.live, which explains the red flags on that web site and suggests a few things to try, and things I should have recommended to begin with
- Reverse the charge on your card
- Cancel the card immediately
- Monitor your credit report
- and really this - if you set up an 'account' on their website and you used the same password that you used ANYWHERE else, change those passwords

Dear T...... ......

SubTotal $54.00
Discount $0.00
Shipping Fee. $0.00
Total $54.00

Sincerely,
Customer Service

Hello Terry and thanks for bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately I know nothing about the site from which you attempted to order kits for my craft knife hardware. I have not been selling the kits themselves for a couple of years and I have not received an order through any of my sales channels.

I would be interested to find a link to where you did order from to warn potential buyers against the scam and see if I can do anything to shut it down. Please message me or email at personmakeobject@gmail.com and I'll get you a couple kits for your trouble.

Cheers and make on!
Kevin from PersonMakeObject
pmo_imglogo.png

Good Luck,
Dave

Thanks you for digging into this Dave and for your explanation and assistance to the OP on getting in touch with me.

Unfortunately I have no association with the site where they attempted to purchase and I haven't yet been able to find said scammer.

egnald

Thanks you for digging into this Dave and for your explanation and assistance to the OP on getting in touch with me.

Unfortunately I have no association with the site where they attempted to purchase and I haven't yet been able to find said scammer.
I'm glad that a connection got made. (I've been the victim of an online scam myself - have been kicking myself ever since, but I did learn a valuable lesson. Fortunately it was only a $75 lesson, and something I'll never fall for again). - Dave

Top Bottom