vevor pressure pot

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shifter

I just got this vevor pressure pot. and its built like a tank LOL anyway did anyone here get one too? I'm having the hardest time removing the paint tube from the lid.
tank.jpg
thanks
Ralph

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I just got one - so far I haven't been able to remove the tube, I'd like to get it out intact if possible but will probably have to resort to a Dremel too.

I pressurized it to 45psi a couple of days ago and it's held that pressure well, so it seems to be working.

KMCloonan

What pressure is the tank rated for? I've noticed that Paint pressure pots have a rating around 30psi, which is a little low for resin casting.

XanderPen

I have only use vacuum pots; always curious about these pressure pots though. Are you just trapping the air bubbles (albeit smaller) under pressure. Will the resin later crack like a poprock?

jttheclockman

I have only use vacuum pots; always curious about these pressure pots though. Are you just trapping the air bubbles (albeit smaller) under pressure. Will the resin later crack like a poprock?
With pressure you are basically forcing the bubbles either to the surface where they pop or are just shrinking them to basically nothing. No once the resin is hardened they will not pop or explode. Can they crack? that is always a possibility but that comes under operator error.

Curly

The pressure keeps the air in the resin from forming bubbles. Similar to nitrogen in the blood of a diver. As long as they stay in the deep there are no bubbles. Ascend and they form bubbles causing the bends. The hardened resin doesn't pop rock.

XanderPen

The pressure keeps the air in the resin from forming bubbles. Similar to nitrogen in the blood of a diver. As long as they stay in the deep there are no bubbles. Ascend and they form bubbles causing the bends. The hardened resin doesn't pop rock.
But the blanks do ascend; and bubbles will be in there at 60-90psi.

Curly

And if you take resin at room pressure and there are no bubbles that you can see, then put it in a vacuum chamber and draw a vacuum the resin foams. If you hadn't vacuumed it the resin would have cured with the air dissolved in it. Resin cured under pressure still has dissolved air in it that stays dissolved when cured. Most of the people curing resin in pressure pots are using fast curing resins like urethane so there is little time for air bubbles to come out of solution and form. If blanks were breaking up after being cast under pressure and the cause of the failures was from popping bubbles they wouldn't keep using the method. If you feel the practice is wrong you are free to avoid it but it is a proven method for casting blanks.

hertzogcraig

I cast mine at 70 PSI and have had no issues with bubbles at all. 70 PSI is probably overkill as you really only need 30-35 to do the trick but it's what I've done, it works so I'll continue to do it. If using a pressure pot cause bubbles and cracking issues, it wouldn't be the method that all the professionals use. There's a reason they all use pressure pots and not vacuum chambers. Both have their place but when it comes to curing resin you want a pressure pot

Top Bottom