Removing pieces from a pressure pot.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I got a pressure pot the other day and I can't seem to remove the parts from it so that I can use my own elbows, gauges, and valves. I think the teflon tape is old. Any ideas? Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
And remember....low and slow with the heat!! You don't want the heat to travel to any parts that have been cast and hear that lovely sound..."Tingggg". If you can disassemble any of it off the lid...all the better! 3in1 oil can be a big help too, but don't turn the shop into a BBQ!

Russknan

Be sure the NEW parts fit the threading. I tried to replace the safety release valve with a new, better one. Discovered the threads don't match! Russ

brownsfn2

Thanks for all the advice. by 10pm last night I was able to remove all the components, retape 3/4 of them and reinstall, add my own component, grease the gasket and so far only a really minor leak around the safety release. I have a new safety release coming today rated at 60 PSI because I did not trust the HF safety release. ;)

I did a cast of a chunk of Alumilite clear last night at 40 PSI for an hour. Amazing how much of a difference it makes. Much easier to get no bubbles.

seamus7227

I have a new safety release coming today rated at 60 PSI because I did not trust the HF safety release.

I used to think the safety release mattered, but if you are having to sit right next to the pot while you fill it, then to me(and this is my opinion only) you really dont need it. In the case where you may leave the air compressor hooked up to the pot over night, unattended, then i would say the pressure relief valve is necessary.

Top Bottom