reflective spots on labels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lewiscostley

getting a little frustrated.

I keep getting these reflective spots on the bottom of my label castings. I'm using alumilte, heating my molds. the cast comes out crystal clear except for the spots. I'm using avery labels, and have tried using several different sealers and no sealer at all. Could it be i'm not letting the ink jet dry long enough? or maybe its the oils from my fingers, when I apply the label. I've had a couple of pens turn out, so i'm not sure what's gong on. Any help or advice?

jsolie

Any chance you could post of pic of the spots that you're getting? I've been trying to get a good cast label lately, and things went much better for me with PR than with Alumilite.

Lewiscostley

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

jsolie

That's different than what I was getting with some of my Alumilite casts. What I was getting were larger areas where it looked like the Alumilite didn't quite "grab" onto the tube. The first pic of the unturned casting kind of looks like what I was getting

My first thought with pics #2 and 3 was "That almost looks like sensor dust" like when something gets stuck on the sensor of a digital camera and there's an unfocused blob in the same place in all the photos. Though I doubt that's what it is.

Hopefully someone with more casting knowledge can diagnose what those spots are. Besides annoying.

Top Bottom