Refillable Rollerball Nibs (by Beaufort Ink)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

d_bondi

Has anyone tried the Refillable Rollerball Nibs for kitless pens that Beaufort Ink sells?

I am getting started with kitless pens, but not everyone wants a fountain pen. No offense to any makers, but so far I am not in love with how many of the handmade rollerball sections look (like for a Schmidt 5888 refill). These are intriguing to me and use a standard ink cartridge or converter. I just thought before ordering and trying them out, I would solicit some feedback from all of you.

Thanks!
David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

floatslow

Has anyone tried the Refillable Rollerball Nibs for kitless pens that Beaufort Ink sells?

I am getting started with kitless pens, but not everyone wants a fountain pen. No offense to any makers, but so far I am not in love with how many of the handmade rollerball sections look (like for a Schmidt 5888 refill). These are intriguing to me and use a standard ink cartridge or converter. I just thought before ordering and trying them out, I would solicit some feedback from all of you.

Thanks!
David
I have made a few but many moons ago. Like a fountain pen I really like the idea of choosing any applicable ink color you like. And may be used with the same converter. I do not recall the tap and die size you need though (I think it is common to a JOWO 6)…no it is the same as a Bock#5, not as common as a Jowo or Bock #6. I guess it comes down to economics of owning the right taps and dies.
Have fun

its_virgil

The refillable rollerball tip is made by Schmidt. According to the Schmidt website the rollerball tip will write for 20,000 ft. I have used this tip quite often.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

20221008_185736-01.jpeg
20221008_185629-01.jpeg
20220806_113122-01.jpeg

Chriscb

Afternoon,
This is a link to a previous post about these tips. I use them in the workshops virtually every day, and they sell well!

Chriscb

d_bondi

Afternoon,
This is a link to a previous post about these tips. I use them in the workshops virtually every day, and they sell well!

Chriscb
Thanks Chris! I have a few coming from Beaufort Ink (and the tap). Looking forward to giving them a try.

Top Bottom