Reel Downer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I had a few hours this morming and decided to go fishing. I put a several rods in my truck and went to meet my brother for breakfast before we went. While eating breakfast, someone grabbed all my fishing poles from the back of my truck and took off with them. This sucks on so many levels. I had a flyrod that was custom made for me by a friend that is no longer with us and several poles that I have had for many years. This was sad to find and there were no cameras around so the chances of recovery are slim. All together I lost 6 rods and reels today and just don't feel like buying all new stuff. I would have been less upset if they took the truck and left the poles.

If anyone makes flyrods and would like to part with one, please let me know.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Been there too...+ worse

Neil,

You have my sympathy.

Had my old '62 Chevy broken into many, many years ago. Cleaned me out as far as my fishing equipment went.

Worse, how about eating a sandwich and a good sized trout takes your rod and reel in about 2 seconds from out of your boat. It was a favorite rod and reel. From then on the rods were ALWAYS kept in the "Pole-Lock" rod holders which were bought shortly after that incident. Yes there was such a thing at one time. Non marring, some sort of space age plastic, opened with the picking up of the rod, real simple, snapped right off the boat except for the base when you didn't want them there.

I would think my younger son still has them on the old boat.

Bummer,

Charlie

johncrane

Neil thats sucks,that's a real low act, this day and age you can't snooze,last year i was fishing maybe 200 yards from the car,the car was locked with my portable fridge inside full of cold beer,anyway sure enough someone broke into the car and stole the fridge and the beer,locks won't stop them, you have to catch them in the act,sorry to here of your loss and it's very sad too loose some thing you can't replace.

stonepecker

I am sorry that someone did this to you. Just remember that the memories you have can't be taken. Remember the rods with fondness and keep fishing.

Don't stop fishing......that is letting the bastard win. Keeping our fingers crossed that the rods are recovered.

I saw this pop up in the "New Posts" list and was hoping there was a happy ending... sorry to hear about your losses, and maybe some good luck will come your way in the next few days and you'll recover some or all of your stuffs.

Lenny

Brings back a bad memory for me. I was off fishing with my future FIL at the time. It was a short paddle around a cove from where I had parked. Came back to find a bunch of stuff ripped off! It was a long time ago but I still remember the feeling of being violated. I hope you get lucky and find them!

Tom T

I have a friend that does custom fly rods ( they are now using small eyes for those, my others have the standard loop eyes.and spinning rods if you can not find some one by you send me a PM and I will locate his info for you. He made me a nice fly rod 8 months ago but have not had time to us it yet, and that's a bummer.
If you want a store bought rod I have a bunch from my Dad and some I no longer use. No charge for you. Send me a PM if you are interested and I will take pictures and email them to you to see if you like any of them. If you do I send it your way.

Top Bottom