Ready to turn again-31 pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

I turned so many pens in Q4 last year that I got burned out. After about 6 weeks I think I'm ready to make some new ones.

Here are the 31 I've got ready. All cut, drilled, tubed and milled. Ready to be thrown on the lathe and get cooking.

Attachments

• IMG_3381.jpg
    IMG_3381.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Lets see..tomorrow is Monday. You going to have those all done by Thursday? :) (that smiley at the top was supposed to be down here)

Are these orders or for your inventory? Quite a few styles there.

Keep us posted with pics.

Ray

yorkie

These are just for the fun of it, and to top up my inventory with some fresh pens. Also, lots of newly acquired blanks I wanted to try and the new pen kits from PSI: nights/Celtic/Victorian/Spartan. Mainly...just for the fun of it.

Lets see..tomorrow is Monday. You going to have those all done by Thursday? :) (that smiley at the top was supposed to be down here)

Are these orders or for your inventory? Quite a few styles there.

Keep us posted with pics.

Ray

yorkie

I think my favorite part is planning out which woods and which kits I want to use. I always start off thinking I'm going to make ten or 20 and then I see woods I'd forgotten about and before you know it, I'm up to 30 or more.

The most I've planned out in one go is 60. That was last Q4 and I got burned out. I also had an order for 42 full size Statesmans at the same time, all the same wood too. So, making 42 pens, all the same, will get old.

Wow Stephen! When I grow up, I want to be that organized :biggrin: As soon as the glue is dry, I start turning.

Harry

Top Bottom