Razor Kit Bushing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

I ordered some razor kits online, and the supplier forgot to ship my bushings. I'm sure they will fix it and get some out to me, but I'm eager to try a razor.

Can anyone tell me the bushing dimensions? I've got a bit of Corian that I might be able to re-purpose.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
If you want to get close, I used a JR gent cap bushing (the "backside") and its about .02 bigger :) Its a great reference for roughing out before going to calipers...

PS - there is 2 different kits out there for razors.... Make sure you are looking for the right type (PSI vs Berea) as there is probably differences.

I used the Berea.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Not critical dimension

Hey Peter!

When you make the razor, the dimensions are not critical. The components are rounded, so you can round your handle to meet them and it looks "right", I think. Here is a pic that I hope will make this a lttle clearer:

Feel free to ask questions!!

Attachments

• razor.jpg
    razor.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 239

kludge77

Alpha:
I bought them from Berea.My first purchase there.

It's funny too, because they have this stciker on the front about double checking the packing list and all... (the best laid plans...) The only two set of bushing in the shop right now are Sierras and slimline. (never done the tween center thing).

Ed: That's not a bad idea... and it could get me out of more work to boot. Thank's for the thought...

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I did mine without any bushings. I just inserted my dead center and live center directly into the tubes and turned away. Then used calipers for final sizing.

PenMan1

I did mine without any bushings. I just inserted my dead center and live center directly into the tubes and turned away. Then used calipers for final sizing.

Same here. There is so much "meat" on a razor that you can turn to the shape you want, then pop it into the collet chuck and drill the hole.

Top Bottom