Rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If you are buying from China and you get to specify the carrier do not choose DHL - Especially for express shipping unless you live close enough to their distribution facility to go pick it up yourself. I had a shipment leave the factory on the mainland in China on the 15th/16th arrived in Baltimore MD (around 110 or 115 miles from my house) on the morning of the 17th - tracked as with the delivery courrier all day, Then at 7:57 local time on the 17th they posted "attempted delivery recipient not at home" and 25 minutes later logged it back in to their facility at the airport. Only two problems with that 1) no attempted delivery was made and 2) there is no truck in the world that can get from my house to BWI in 25 minutes. Two hours easily but not 25 minutes. In Short they lied.

I called customer service this morning and was assured that I would receive my shipment today "without fail" - I pressed and was assured at least three times that I would receive it today. Well you can guess - they allow delivery until 8pm local time and it is now 9pm and no delivery. I called customer service at 8:15pm and was told the delivery truck was not back to the airport yet so it still might arrive....Yea Right.

Now I'm a forgiving sort, and the package arriving late is only causing me a little grief but this is the second time the same thing has happened. I actually think BWI-DHL is not delivering packages this direction on Friday or Monday. At any rate, even though they are cheaper I will be specifying someone else in the future.

Donovan

I try my best not to use DHL. They suck in their customer service. They have never delivered on time. When you phone them you get the same answer "we tried to deliver but nobody was home" or " Customer lives in rural aria and delivery address is not marked"

Donovan

Top Bottom