Questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There are many questions asked here, often they are repeated. One I see often starts of "Where is the best...." Another is "Where is the lowest price..."

Which brings me to my question. How many folks here actually know the answer to either of the above questions by having bought (or even priced) the item from all available sources? On even a few products.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Usually, I have purchased most of the available products---but if I answer, many won't believe me because I sell the ones I like the best.

Dan Masshardt

I'd say many members here have researched most of the vendors for their favorite kits.

I feel like I could offer some pretty solid advice about where do look for many of the kits etc. that are commonly used. Certainly not all, but some.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Exception....

The operative word is most (not all) and I would agree that you've probably bought from a lot more sources than the great majority of us have and in that I'm pretty well convinced that you are an exception to the norm. I do think that's probably part of your business plan and it's a good one.

As to people believing you - we're both well aware that people expect us as vendors to think we are the best source for what we sell.

longbeard

I know when i am looking for something in particlar, i have a laundry list of places i go thru looking and pricing that item. Now with that being said, is that item the ONLY item i'm going to buy, most of the time i will buy a few other things to make it worth the shipping. Each vendor has something that maybe the others don't. Some has the same items with same prices while one may be a little cheaper than the others. I have paid a dollar or more for that one item just to get a few extra items from vendor X when maybe vendor Y had it that item cheaper but nothing else i really wanted or needed. What i guess i'm trying to say is, i do look thru all vendors/sources for the best price, but it depends on what else i might want/need also.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Usually, I have purchased most of the available products---but if I answer, many won't believe me because I sell the ones I like the best.
Here is another fun question for you Ed. Have you ever seen someone name another vendor as "best" for a particular kit, when you know you are selling the same kit from the same source for less money?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Here is another fun question for you Ed. Have you ever seen someone name another vendor as "best" for a particular kit, when you know you are selling the same kit from the same source for less money?

Yes. I chuckle, they will find me, someday!!

Old Codger

Tool & Supply Recommendations...

Hi Smitty... I, like others, I believe only recommend tools and suppliers that we have used and feel comfortable with. If I see a question regarding a particular tool or supplier that I have never used, I don't respond and watch for replies from other users... If the response to the original question is positive, I may try the recommend source. I tend to continue to use tools and sources that fit my needs, and discard those who do not! I NEVER EVER recommend tools or sources that don't!:eek:

Top Bottom