Question for Ed (psilevy) from Penn State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MyKidsDad

I hope it's okay that I'm posting this question here instead of asking privately but I figured I'm probably not the only one wondering.

It seems you've generated quite a bit of interest in the new Turncrafter Commander VS lathe but the availability is up in the air. When I first started looking at it, the website showed an ETA of late January. Then, it was pushed back to late February. Then just a couple weeks ago when I looked, it was back to late March. Now, the website is showing an ETA of mid-March.

Wondering if you can provide an update on what is causing the delays?

I'm in the market for a new lathe. The price point of the Commander is certainly attractive compared to the new Delta and there are a couple of design points that I like better compared to the new Delta. However, the delays and constantly changing timing have me a bit concerned.

psilevy

Our Commander Lathe Series

There has been much interest in the new Commander - now a "series" with 10" VS, 12' vs and 10" multi speed all of the same advanced design.
Our supplier was supposed to have shipped our first lot back in October and we were fully prepared to deliver in December/January (for Xmas). Unfortunately due to delay upon delay due to bringing a new item to market - to get it right - delivery has been delayed to mid March.
I apologize to all of you who are interested in this line of lathes but rest assured, it will be worth the wait.
Sincerely,
Ed Levy

Top Bottom