Puzzle #1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

.... and by experience, you shouldn't try to do this puzzle on an iphone because it won't display the entire once you start. If you start on the left, you can check the puzzle but once you get over to the right side, the "check puzzle" button is hidden and t you can't scroll left. I believe I have all the answers but I'll have to wait until tonight to use my laptop to submit.

If I click on the puzzle link here at work, it says [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Uncategorized"[/FONT] and blocks the page. Maybe if Edgar puts in a category like the rest of IAP, I can access it.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If I click on the puzzle link here at work, it says "Unclassified" and blocks the page. Maybe if Edgar puts in a classification like the rest of IAP, I can access it.

I'll have to see if one of the IAP web site gurus can do that.
No promises though

bobleibo

7 years of college and I'm being tormented by a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ tree! Obviously I failed botany and crossword puzzles ~ I want my money back.
Go ahead Edgar, fill in the spaces

Bob most people only take 4 years so that may be why!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Grad school was where they taught all of the science classes.....you can see how well that worked out for me.
If the answer turns out to be so ridiculously blatant and staring me right in the face, Edgar better check into the local witness protection program!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If I click on the puzzle link here at work, it says [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Uncategorized"[/FONT] and blocks the page. Maybe if Edgar puts in a category like the rest of IAP, I can access it.

I am the man behind the curtain in creating the puzzles on the web. Edgar creates the word list and I make it come to life on the web. Can you tell me more about the issue you are having? I am guessing it has to do with your company firewall or security settings. I build and test with Firefox but have also tested with IE, Chrome, and Safari with no issues. The uncategorized issue is not something I have ever seen with Joomla!, the software that is running the bash website.

Krash

I am the man behind the curtain in creating the puzzles on the web. Edgar creates the word list and I make it come to life on the web. Can you tell me more about the issue you are having? I am guessing it has to do with your company firewall or security settings. I build and test with Firefox but have also tested with IE, Chrome, and Safari with no issues. The uncategorized issue is not something I have ever seen with Joomla!, the software that is running the bash website.

I can access the entire IAP site. But when I click on Edgar's link to the puzzle, it is blocked because it is uncategorized.
I wouldn't worry too much. I can do it later on my home PC.

fitty

I can access the entire IAP site. But when I click on Edgar's link to the puzzle, it is blocked because it is uncategorized. I wouldn't worry too much. I can do it later on my home PC.

It's his companies web proxy that is blocking the content. Since the iapbash url is not known but the proxy, it defaults to uncategorized, and based on this companies policy, the content is blocked. Either it would need to be white listed by the vendor, Websense, Blue coat, etc or have a friend in the IT or IS department add it to another category that is allowed.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It's his companies web proxy that is blocking the content. Since the iapbash url is not known but the proxy, it defaults to uncategorized, and based on this companies policy, the content is blocked. Either it would need to be white listed by the vendor, Websense, Blue coat, etc or have a friend in the IT or IS department add it to another category that is allowed.

What he said! The IAP Bash site is not on the same server as IAP itself. It is a separate website we created for bash activities such as entry forms and puzzles. If you happen to want to go to the main page of the bash site and see the listing of all the contest entry forms, you can find it as Home

lyonsacc

Hillis Weeping Fig

since nobody has suggested it - I must post that the obvious answer you are missing is "Hills Weeping Fig"

Having befriended (paid off) the former Wood Id Contest host, Mr. Robert Wemm, I was able to obtain some of that there Hillis Weeping Fig back in 2013.

11-25-13 018 2.jpg
11-25-13 017 2.jpg

Also ended up with some Japanese Peppertree if I remember correctly.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have extended the deadline for this first puzzle until 11:59 AM on Tuesday, February 17. The first post in this thread has been updated to reflect this 12-hour extension.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Anyone come up with Ed's bedeviling 12-letter word yet?

12 entries have been received so far - at least one or two others have indicated that they have completed the puzzle but have not yet submitted their entries.

Another little hint:

Somewhere prior to post #40, someone posted a message that contains a pretty good hint.

The Penguin

since nobody has suggested it - I must post that the obvious answer you are missing is "Hills Weeping Fig"

Having befriended (paid off) the former Wood Id Contest host, Mr. Robert Wemm, I was able to obtain some of that there Hillis Weeping Fig back in 2013.

View attachment 129272
View attachment 129273

Also ended up with some Japanese Peppertree if I remember correctly.

I too have a blank of Hills Weeping Fig from "the man" himself. Just haven't gotten around to making a pen from it.

Skeleton2014

Down to the last clue and I'm having a devil of a time finding it:eek:

Something tells me you are not the only one who lost some sleep last night.. still working on it~ :confused:

This is Edgar's way of driving us all crazy :biggrin:

I think SOMEONE is enjoying just a LITTLE too much making us crazy.. 12 letter word for CRAZY MAKER Edohmann

Darn that doesnt fit EITHER

:)

How about Edgardohmann??
I think that's 12 letters but, Im so bleary eyed, could someone check for me?
Jeff

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You can not save the puzzle! It is generated with javascript. The only way to save it is to do a screen capture. If there is enough demand, I will try to put a pdf version of the puzzle squares up with the next one so you can print it out and fill it out offline. You will then still have to fill in the blanks on the screen to complete the puzzle and get your completion code and the url for the entry form.

Please don't ask for this unless you really want it. It is more work for me but I don't mind if there is enough demand.

THarvey

You can not save the puzzle! It is generated with javascript. The only way to save it is to do a screen capture. If there is enough demand, I will try to put a pdf version of the puzzle squares up with the next one so you can print it out and fill it out offline. You will then still have to fill in the blanks on the screen to complete the puzzle and get your completion code and the url for the entry form.

Please don't ask for this unless you really want it. It is more work for me but I don't mind if there is enough demand.

I just did a screen print when I needed a break. Worked fine for me. Just a little extra typing when I returned to finish.

H2O

Got it in about 25 minutes. The last one isn't as obvious, but pretty easy. Good luck to all who play!

JCochrun

I've got all except the 9 letter word on the left side. Thought I had it but it doesn't fit with the 3 letter word right above it.

Top Bottom