Prospect or customer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In recent days, I have been attempting to contact one of our suppliers. It has not been easy to get his attention and now, the answer is not consistent with the way I remember our earlier discussions. The whole incident is reminding me of an old story, I think you may enjoy:

A good man was given the opportunity to see both heaven and hell, before he died. So, St. Peter showed him around heaven, with it's magnificent, gold streets and serene, happy residents. He was impressed. But, then St. Peter turned him over to satan, to show him hell.

The man entered hell and found a huge party--everyone drinking, dancing, just a continuous party.!!

So, the man went back to earth, and a few years later, he died.

On arriving at the pearly gates, St. Peter invited him into heaven. But, the man told St. Peter that, having seen both heaven and hell, he would prefer hell. St. Peter obliged and the man went directly to hell.

He encountered "fire and brimstone"!! NO parties, just souls suffering for their bad behavior on earth. The man was astonished and sought out satan!

He found satan and complained that he had been misled on his previous visit to hell. The picture that was presented was nothing like what he was now experiencing. Satan replied very simply: "Then, you were a prospect, NOW you are a CUSTOMER"!!

I am encountering a vendor who shares this philosophy!!

At Exotics, we sincerely try to assure our customers will find the experience BETTER than we presented to them as prospects!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

At Exotics, we sincerely try to assure our customers will find the experience BETTER than we presented to them as prospects!!

Ed
That's the way you have treated me, Dawn and Ed - Better than expected !! MANY THANKS

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Do I win a prize if I figure out who it is?:confused::eek:

Nope!!

A small company you probably never heard of. I will attempt to change them, but I will not embarass them.

Now, ask about any of the ones I like!! Be happy to write you a book on why they are GREAT!!!!

Quality Pen

That's quite the story!

I hate that... everyone's been burned before. It's terrible. What a crappy way to do business!

I haven't been selling pens long but one of my favorite things is when a prior customer comes back and buys again. It's the ultimate compliment that says far more than just the quality of your product. It's the quality of your character too.

On another note, Ed, is this anything we should be aware about (to possibly help others having to deal with a headache)?

wood-of-1kind

That pearly gates story was far cleaner than mine! I will have to call you sometime so you can have the xxx rated version :)

I have another version......:eek:
And I wish to remain a member of the IAP. So it won't be posted at anytime. :tongue: :rolleyes:

With a name like 'stonepecker' I bet you have a lot of XXX stories to tell.:wink:

Top Bottom