Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I found it after I remembered what it looks like. :redface: Haven't used it in 20 months :rolleyes: SO! I'll make a little shelf behind the lathe for such items and, NEVER lose it again. :biggrin: Right? Right!:wink:

Thanks for the ????:biggrin::tongue:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
....maybe if there wasn't such a large amount of time between completed pens...................:tongue::biggrin:
It's those d#$n shop gremlins.
I can lay something on the bench, literally turn around and the item is not where I placed it seconds earlier.:confused::eek::biggrin:
Mannie, those Gremlins ARE here. Every time I unpack a box, the next time I go out there, the box is refilled with the same stuff I KNOW, I took out of it.:confused:

triw51

I found it after I remembered what it looks like. :redface: Haven't used it in 20 months :rolleyes: SO! I'll make a little shelf behind the lathe for such items and, NEVER lose it again. :biggrin: Right? Right!:wink:

Thanks for the ????:biggrin::tongue:

My problem is I make a holder for the tool but forget and then can't find anything until it bites me.........

Humorous!

:tongue:I love this type of humor, bantering, and camaraderie among fellow turners!:biggrin: I thought I was the only one that "lost" things in plain sight PLUS finding myself standing still, trying to remember what I was doing or looking for!!!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
:tongue:I love this type of humor, bantering, and camaraderie among fellow turners!:biggrin: I thought I was the only one that "lost" things in plain sight PLUS finding myself standing still, trying to remember what I was doing or looking for!!!

Ever open the refrigerator door then stand there wondering what it was you were going to get out of it? Yeah, me neither.......:rolleyes:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Do NOT attempt to make a shelf to solve this problem!!!

Making a shelf will require finding the hammer, cause you are holding the perfect nails in your hand!! But, instead you CAN find your drill. So, now you are looking for screws, which you keep in a safe place, except when using them. And you USED THEM on that project in the attic a few weeks ago. So, you proceed to the attic, passing through the kitchen, where your significant other reminds you of a few additional things you have not done--so you realize you better get the stuff you will need to do HER projects.

This requires a trip to Home Depot, so off you go! (BEFORE you leave, put down the nails you are still carrying!!)
(If you forget to put down the nails, NO, they won't start the car--go back inside and ask your significant other if she has seen your keys, have a cup of coffee while she reminds you how old and forgetful you are becoming!!)

To conclude, you still don't have a shelf, still don't know where your hammer or the screws are and you are about to start another new project. Buy a hammer and some screws--you will need one of the two for HER project. And, make a note to remind you that you set out to make a shelf for your die holder.

Make another note: DON'T EVER walk through the kitchen!!!!

Last edited:

79spitfire

OK, so which one of you has been watching what happens at this house? Hmm?

So I called for help, and the person on the other end suggested I sit and watch telly for a bit, but guess what...

I CAN'T FIND THE REMOTE...

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

So I called for help, and the person on the other end suggested I sit and watch telly for a bit, but guess what...

After I find it (all 4 of them) I forgot how to use it :mad::mad::mad:. The one I need (I think), has 42 buttons... I typically go to netflix on my computer. Or UTube to figure out how to turn a pen...:confused:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Do NOT attempt to make a shelf to solve this problem!!!

Making a shelf will require finding the hammer, cause you are holding the perfect nails in your hand!! But, instead you CAN find your drill. So, now you are looking for screws, which you keep in a safe place, except when using them. And you USED THEM on that project in the attic a few weeks ago. So, you proceed to the attic, passing through the kitchen, where your significant other reminds you of a few additional things you have not done--so you realize you better get the stuff you will need to do HER projects.

This requires a trip to Home Depot, so off you go! (BEFORE you leave, put down the nails you are still carrying!!)
(If you forget to put down the nails, NO, they won't start the car--go back inside and ask your significant other if she has seen your keys, have a cup of coffee while she reminds you how old and forgetful you are becoming!!)

To conclude, you still don't have a shelf, still don't know where your hammer or the screws are and you are about to start another new project. Buy a hammer and some screws--you will need one of the two for HER project. And, make a note to remind you that you set out to make a shelf for your die holder.

Make another note: DON'T EVER walk through the kitchen!!!!
Exactly!:biggrin:

79spitfire

BULLTIN!!!!!

There are BUTTONS ON the TV that will make it work:eek::eek::eek:

I went to look for those, and my wife asked what I was doing. So I explained I couldn't find the remote. She stated she had a similar problem and thought because I was SO handy, I should go out to the shed and make a remote holder so we can keep track of them.....

:eek:

Top Bottom