Pressure Casting PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye

Eh, if you can reuse it it wouldent be bad. If it dosent stick like silicone claims then no biggie. Just buy it for the wife, wait till she forgets about it, then take a knife to it! [:0]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccarse

I bought some of those for my mom and I think it was the best Mother's day gift I have ever given her. She wouldn't let me have those if she was on her grave I think.

Skye

Lol, I bought my mom one and she never used it. Still sitting in my kitchen. I never think to use it myself, then again, I dont bake much.

Skye

I want to say a 9X13 was like $20 not too long ago. Maybe 2 years or so. Guess the novilty has worn off.

its_virgil

I guess I missed something. What is this stuff used for in casting PR pens. I went back and read the thread and can't figure how the silpat fits in, or the plastic washers. Help please.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Skye
<br />If not, cut up a <b>Silpat</b>.

JimGo

Don,
I think they were suggesting using the Silpat or plastic washers in the design I had provided in lieu of coating the metal washers with vaseline or wax, since this will make it less likely that the coating material will touch the casting in any significant way. It's actually an interesting idea, and you could use the Silpat in between a standard metal washer and the tube, since the washer will give the Silpat more strength.

ccarse

Originally posted by Glass Scratcher
<br />
Originally posted by ccarse
<br />
Originally posted by Skye
<br />If not, cut up a <b>Silpat</b>.

Talk about expensive!

What do you consider expensive? The local Walmart has a Silpat set for $9.99. The set includes 1 large and 1 small silpat sheet. The large one is cookie pan/sheet size.

Wal-Mart doesn't sell Silpats, they sell a silicone knock-off.

its_virgil

Thanks Jim...I never put the posts together with your post and replacing the washers. I'm do dense at times.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Don,
I think they were suggesting using the Silpat or plastic washers in the design I had provided in lieu of coating the metal washers with vaseline or wax, since this will make it less likely that the coating material will touch the casting in any significant way. It's actually an interesting idea, and you could use the Silpat in between a standard metal washer and the tube, since the washer will give the Silpat more strength.

GaWoodworker

Originally posted by kgwaugh
<br />I ordered one about a week ago on sale (half price) and got a postcard yesterday saying it was on backorder. Guess we messed up their projections!
I ordered one and received a back order notice, but I found that a local HF store had two in stock. You may want to call around to see if a local store has it and cancel the back order.

GaWoodworker

Originally posted by Darley
<br />
Originally posted by GaWoodworker
<br />I have had good success with blocking the tubes with Modelling clay. I pressure cast at 50 psi and have not had any resin in the tubes. I also have metal as weight inside my tubes, but the clay is easily pushed out with the metal after the cast is complete.

I though about the modeling clay but got a little problem, If I buy the fresh clay 500grs ( just a little over the pound ) and I don't use the lot it will be wasted because the clay dry at air, look that way 1 pound of clay seal a lot of tubes, the idea behin the " sealing tubes question " is to have an easy way to do and is not heavy to the pocket, what I would say minimizing cost to produce a good product.

I can buy about a pound of modeling clay for less than $2.00 at Wal-Mart and it lasts me several months. I just put it back in the box and it stays until my next usage. $2 is a pretty cheap way to go in my opinion.

Joe Melton

I checked out the Harbor Freight website and couldn't find mention of a sale on the pressure pots. The local store has them, but they are not on sale, and the clerk didn't know anything about it. In fact, he didn't seem to know much about anything, but that's another story.
If someone can direct me to the pots on sale, I'd appreciate it.
Joe

JimGo

Joe,
The price isn't on the web site. It's only in their mail-order catalog. I was able to take the catalog to the local store and get one at the discounted price. Mine is the last one the store had in stock, and is actually listed as another part number (mine has the black pot, rather than the silver-colored one listed in the ad).

FWIW, there's an oil-less compressor on sale for $50 in another recent ad. I knew I had seen it somewhere, but unfortunately I didn't find the ad for it 'till after I got home from HF last night! So, I gotta return the compressor I bought.

its_virgil

There seems to have been quite a bit of confusion. No one of the sale catalong/flyers I've goten in the mail has had the pot on sale for $39 and I get two a week. But there have been many ffrequent reports of teh sale price. I bought mine at $79 and I think I must have started this craze, but I have yet to see the $39 ad. I guess I'm just not living right.
Do a good turn daily!'
Don
Originally posted by Joe Melton
<br />I checked out the Harbor Freight website and couldn't find mention of a sale on the pressure pots. The local store has them, but they are not on sale, and the clerk didn't know anything about it. In fact, he didn't seem to know much about anything, but that's another story.
Joe

JimGo

Originally posted by its_virgil
I guess I'm just not living right.

Yup, I think that's it. [:D]

I get catalogs at work and at home. For some reason, the one with the sale on the paint pot came to my work about a month before it came to my home. Very odd.

myname1960

<br />There seems to have been quite a bit of confusion. No one of the sale catalong/flyers I've goten in the mail has had the pot on sale for $39 and I get two a week. But there have been many ffrequent reports of teh sale price. I bought mine at $79 and I think I must have started this craze, but I have yet to see the $39 ad. I guess I'm just not living right.
Do a good turn daily!'
Don

I have my home flyer/catalog ( about 60 pages ) and the pressure pot is on the very back page for $39.99 Its catalog 755-c/winter 2005.

Not sure how long this lasts but there is a coupon the the front page for a free duffle bag and the coupon expires May 1, 2006. I am not sure if all of the items in the flyer/catalog last the same amount of time. Does anyone know if it does.

I also seen someone took their catalog to a local HF store and they honored the ad. Is this standard policy? I have a local HF store close by.

Chris

kgwaugh

<br />There seems to have been quite a bit of confusion. No one of the sale catalong/flyers I've goten in the mail has had the pot on sale for $39 and I get two a week. But there have been many ffrequent reports of teh sale price. I bought mine at $79 and I think I must have started this craze, but I have yet to see the $39 ad. I guess I'm just not living right.
Do a good turn daily!'
Don
Originally posted by Joe Melton
<br />I checked out the Harbor Freight website and couldn't find mention of a sale on the pressure pots. The local store has them, but they are not on sale, and the clerk didn't know anything about it. In fact, he didn't seem to know much about anything, but that's another story.
Joe

Here is the link to the post I made originally about the pressure pot being on sale at Harbor Freight:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12366

My post of 01/30/06 says: "This pot is now (Jan 30 '06) on sale using Item Code 93119-1RMB . Go to &lt; http://tinyurl.com/cacts &gt; and use this code---the price is now $39.99 instead of $79.95/99 or whatever.

FWIW, Gene"

Note that when using their website, it is/was imperative to use that specific suffix. However, I tried it today (02/10/06), and the sale price no longer comes up. HF will even list the same items in the same catalog at different prices, with only the suffix different. I often read only the back and front couple pages, where the real blow-outs are.

JimGo

I had that same problem on the web site two days ago. That's when I called the store and confirmed that a) they had at least one in stock, and b) that they'd match the price on the catalog. Like I said, they said they'd match the price on the mail-order catalog, but NOT a price in a printed flyer. I didn't ask for any elaboration.

its_virgil

I just now went to HF's site, clicked on "order from printed catalog" and entered 93119-1RMB and the price came up at $39.99. I went back to the homepage and entered the same Item # and the paint pot came up at regular price with another item number....different suffix though.
do a good turn daily!
Don

Note that when using their website, it is/was imperative to use that specific suffix. However, I tried it today (02/10/06), and the sale price no longer comes up. HF will even list the same items in the same catalog at different prices, with only the suffix different. I often read only the back and front couple pages, where the real blow-outs are.

kgwaugh

<br />I just now went to HF's site, clicked on "order from printed catalog" and entered 93119-1RMB and the price came up at $39.99. I went back to the homepage and entered the same Item # and the paint pot came up at regular price with another item number....different suffix though.
do a good turn daily!
Don

Sorry about that, I HATE to post wrong info. I musta done something wrong when I checked back with them earlier today. Glad it is still available at the sale price.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom