Powermatic large air filtration system

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Mark, If I had your Palace, I would believe I had "Died and Gone to Heaven".
A question, Does your Good Lady also allow you into the main House, or do you have to stay in your Workshop?
With the way it is outfitted, If it was me, I don't think it would matter that much to me either way, perhaps with the exception of Meal times, and on a Cold Winter's night, but then again it is in California.
Joking aside, and sharing in your Joy, that you have such a wonderful opportunity to set it up as your experience, and needs tells you!

Great Work, Enjoy (and please keep the photographs coming.)
Congratulations,
Brian.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrtrenier

There is one in the local Woodcraft store where I teach. It moves a ton of air and is quite quiet. If I had the need, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I need to get an air cleaner for my shop... I took a board down from my overhead storage earlier this week and it had a measurable layer of dust on it... problem is, in summer I like to work with the doors open and fans running to cut down the heat... an air cleaner would just be sucking in the outside air.

Love your shop Mark and if you ever get relegated to the dog house, what a dog house you get sent to.... Kinda like when I was raising my son and sent him to his room as punishment.... he had TV, his computer, his toys, his phone... some punishment.

mmayo

Back in the saddle again

My wife has been kind enough to not only let us buy this home and shop, but she regularly comes to the shop to help clean up. Last year, I made over 400 cedar plugs and six long range tackle boxes! Yikes! She would come in around 5:00 and put a stop to the day, by starting to vacuum. Her ultimate weapon to get me to stop was to threaten to start putting away tools, that got my attention. She can hide stuff where you will never find it. It am blessed.

Tomorrow I order a Jet canister dust collector and assorted hoses plus a pyramid cone fo the table saw. I will get more use out of that existing dust collector too.

I am back tomorrow making chips in my shop after an eight day fishing trip. I caught this 40# yellowtail and many of his brothers, yum.

09B4FF4D-C5CF-4A3D-AA4B-2E60EF53309F_zpssv7mlmmn.jpg

If you have never caught one, they kick your %#*&$.

PS I sleep here
IMG_0418_zpssy4lhe5j.jpg

You get much more home for your money in Tehachapi compared to Long Beach

Last edited:

mmayo

Shop fauna

C3470AE6-9556-4983-91AF-262BBA464A07_zpsawy2uryn.jpg

We had mistletoe removed from our oak trees and small clumps remained near the shop and guess who likes mistletoe? A buck and three of his ladies. Nice touch after sanding for couple of hours.

I have 40-50 pens and other assorted woodworking items for sale at the Gallery and Gifts store in downtown Tehachapi. The Tehachapi Valley Arts Association has granted me membership. I can't wait to turn more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom