powder coating?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanau

When powder coating .308 brass how do you keep the powder from going in the inside of the brass tube insert?

I am planning to go and pick up a powder coating machine this weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

cozee-aluminum foil thanks for that suggestion.

saftrep- how do you keep the powder coating from going inside the 7mm brass tube when coating the stamp end?

do you also use foil stuff in the hole to prevent the powder coating going it no the brass tube?

its_virgil

I don't use anything and the powder doesn't seem to migrate inside the brass. Maybe I've just been lucky. Well acutally, I slide the cartridge onto a small bolt and it rests on a small nut...so it's sorta plugged.
Do a good turn daily!
Don.
Originally posted by hanau
<br />When powder coating .308 brass how do you keep the powder from going in the inside of the brass tube insert?

I am planning to go and pick up a powder coating machine this weekend.

cozee

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I don't use anything and the powder doesn't seem to migrate inside the brass. Maybe I've just been lucky. Well acutally, I slide the cartridge onto a small bolt and it rests on a small nut...so it's sorta plugged.
Do a good turn daily!
Don.

Basically that is what I do, except my rack is built with 1/4" rod. I use the foil to "tighten" up the connection to help assure proper charge. Acts as a plug to! Just a little wadded at the base of each rod and a small piece folded over the top then side the casing on nib first.

hanau

Thanks for the replies.

I went to Harbor freight and picked up one of theirs today. They had them on sale for $60 instead of $100 plus i had a 15% coupon got for $55 out the door.

now i just have to wait for the powder to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom