Post count means nothing!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As we near the one millionth post, I ponder the world's most important questions and invite you to help me with these daunting demands:

1) Who was the first IAP member to type those famous words, "Nice pen, good job"??
2) Who was the first IAP member to realize THAT was WAY too much work and abbreviate them with NPGJ???
3) Who, do you suppose, was the gifted typist who decided to use the first version of a quote, then post simply "+1"???

What other BURNING questions can you add to this list "for the ages"??

(post number 999,864)

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I hope somebody picked the right data type for the post count or we'll have to start the generator and get out the camp stove.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I hope somebody picked the right data type for the post count or we'll have to start the generator and get out the camp stove.

LOL... But Jeff... Data types never end at exactly a round number like 1 million. They are tied to the number of bits for storage. So if we run out it will almost always be at a number related to 2 to some power! :big grin:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member

LOL... But Jeff... Data types never end at exactly a round number like 1 million. They are tied to the number of bits for storage. So if we run out it will almost always be at a number related to 2 to some power! :big grin:

Really? I had no idea :biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Really? I had no idea :biggrin:

Well, Mr. Brown, the younger, you now know what it feels like to talk to these YOUNG guys with all the information that was UNKNOWN when you were in school!!! (what, six years earlier???):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

workinforwood

A million posts is an impressive number. A lost of people have come and gone over the years, but for the most part the community has been pretty solid and united without that much bickering and war going on. Imagine if this was a sewing or knitting forum the kind of drama that could happen! We are lucky to have this place to hang out at. I've met lots of great friends here. Penturners are an honest and generous bunch.

MartinPens

Amazing stats! I, for one, have really enjoyed this forum. So many helpful people. And now I enjoy contributing instead of just asking questions. Thanks for all those who put in the hours to make this a great community!

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Timebandit

Ok.......now you guys ARE just trying to advance your post counts...........I think Ed is just trying to get to 16, 200 before IAP gets to 1,000,000

Top Bottom