Popsicle Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rcflyer23

rcflyer23

I made this tonight from some popsicle sticks I bought from Hobby-Lobby the other day. I am actually surprised at how well it turned out. The photography is crap. I haven't played with the new camera much and haven't taken any pics like this in a few years.

The blank is for a Sierra/Wall Street II. I actually kinda like it. My wife likes it alot as well especially considering what it is made from.

Hope you like it. I haven't decided if I am going to kit it or not. Input...

1_IMG_0781.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcflyer23

I actually bought them predyed. That's what was so cool about them. Very easy to do. I stacked and handfull of them together lightly clamped them and put a good amount of Thin CA all over both sides sprayed some accelarator on them and let them sit while watching my son for the evening. When I put him to bed, I went out cut the ends off and started turning. I had no idea how they would turn out. I think it came out pretty good. I should have taken a side profile shot also. I will do that tomorrow night. I think the bag was $2.33 and there are probably 60 or 70 sticks int here. I did figure out that I didn't need to glue it so thick for the Sierra I probably turned off 3 or 4 layers.

rcflyer23

That's cool , kinda like diamondwood but cheaper . I say kit it , it's got something .

I had the same thought that it had the diamondwood feel to it. Yeah the more I think about it and as much as the wife liked it I think I will kit it. It will use my last kit but hey isn't that an excuse to get more. :)

I will take some more pics once I kit it tomorrow night.

rcflyer23

1_IMG_0801.jpg
1_IMG_0797.jpg

Here is the finished pen. I wil try and get a better pic. I need to look through the forums on getting better shots. I am very pleased with the pen.

Last edited:

papaturner

Those are very neat. I did the same however the dye does not penetrate very deep.... end result was pale color or no color. Mine did not look as good as yours. Good job.

Top Bottom