Poplar Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bob Wemm

Bob Wemm

I cored the middle out of this blank about 12 months ago and have finally finished the last piece. I'm a bit disappointed that the sealer I used has darkened the wood a bit and reduced the effect of the red color.:mad:

Finished size is 11in x 4in, and has 3 coats of WOP with a light sand between coats.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy.

Bob.:)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

It looks great but I think it may leak!:biggrin:

Well not, if the bowl is going to be used as a salad bowl otherwise, Bob can always rely on some cork from my wood collection (cork wood), and make a cork to fit the hole. Actually, talking about "holes", Bob has suggested to me yesterday, to make myself a cork to be used for a "particular" situation I encounter, should play if safe and send the raw cork for him to make 2 cork plugs to the correct sizes and test both himself before he send 1 back to me...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

As for the Bowl Bob, the Poplar still shows a lot of character and grain so, the little discolouration you mentioned, have not spoiled much, in my view...!

Great large size and plenty deep, well done, mate...!

PS: Please, don'r forget about those corks...!:)

Cheers
George

gimpy

Yes in deed, very nice,
Great job,

I have an embrosia maple bowl I
tough cut last year, need to get it
out and finish it

Odysseos

It looks great but I think it may leak!:biggrin:

Well not, if the bowl is going to be used as a salad bowl otherwise, Bob can always rely on some cork from my wood collection (cork wood), and make a cork to fit the hole. Actually, talking about "holes", Bob has suggested to me yesterday, to make myself a cork to be used for a "particular" situation I encounter, should play if safe and send the raw cork for him to make 2 cork plugs to the correct sizes and test both himself before he send 1 back to me...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Top Bottom