Pool Cue Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Turned Around

Turned Around

I really want to make a pool cue, but I don't know where to get the parts to have it broken down to 2-4 pieces. I know that a 2 piece cue is typical, but I'd kind of like to make a 4 piece to have a smaller carrying case. Either way, I don't know where to get the hardware for one.

Anybody?

Also, suggestions anf tips on making one would help out, too.

Thanks,
Nic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

Nic--
I am going to make a multi- sectioned cane for an in-law, actually a tipling stick, and I have found some parts for sectioning and a glass tube in Craft supplies USA. THis may require some modification on your part, but I think it might be worth a look.

Turned Around

Nic--
I am going to make a multi- sectioned cane for an in-law, actually a tipling stick, and I have found some parts for sectioning and a glass tube in Craft supplies USA. THis may require some modification on your part, but I think it might be worth a look.

i thought about that, but for the first one, i kind of wanted to do a 'ready to go' type kit.

glycerine

I would PM IAP member "Willee". He used to make custom cues and now does more pen stuff as far as I know. Surely he can point you in the right direction...

EDIT: I just looked at Willee's profile and it looks like he hasn't been around for a while. Maybe you can find some contact info at www.willeecue.com

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Willee sold all of his equipment, and doesn't get on the internet very much. He's one of the better cue makers out there.

As for cue making, no one makes 4 piece cues. All are 2 piece. It takes most cuemakers atleast a year to make a cue from start to finish. Reason for that is to eliminate warpage. Even dry wood has to aclimate itself everytime you make a cut on it. I was making pool cues before I started with pens. On average I do about 15 cues a year. I can give you tons of info if you would like. But you need some different machinery to do cues. My cuemaking lathe costs a little over $2500.00 new.

Here are a few sites to peak your interest.

Cuesmith.com
Cuecomponents.com
Cuestik.com
Prathercue.com

8ball48043

Nic, There are a number of companies in the U.S. that provide ALL of the stuff that you'll need.

Start with Atlas Billiard Supply: http://www.cuestik.com/

And, Schmelke Pool CUes: http://www.schmelkecue.com/index.php?cPath=5

I have worked with both firms and they are both good sources.

Good luck.

I really want to make a pool cue, but I don't know where to get the parts to have it broken down to 2-4 pieces. I know that a 2 piece cue is typical, but I'd kind of like to make a 4 piece to have a smaller carrying case. Either way, I don't know where to get the hardware for one.

Anybody?

Also, suggestions anf tips on making one would help out, too.

Thanks,
Nic

Top Bottom