PITH with Mark (floatslow)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Greetings fellow IAP members,

Since we didn't have a BASH in February and haven't had a Summer Extravaganza for a couple of years, about 2 weeks ago I initiated an impromptu PITH request and paired up with Mark (floatslow). [Link to Original Post]. It was fun getting to know another IAP member better. Not only did Mark make and send me a wonderful fountain pen he also packed a bunch of really cool blanks and other goodies in the package. -- Thank You Mark! The fountain pen was made from one of Tim McKenzie's Diamond Cast blanks, called Nebula - and it has a pocket clip! Pictures follow.

I hope this helps encourage other members to reach out to have some PITH's of their own. If you are interested in doing a PITH with someone, just make a post in this forum "PITH (Pen In The Hat - Pen Swaps" to set one up. With as many active and talented members in the IAP community I'm sure you can make it happen. I highly recommend giving it a try.

Best Regards,
Dave

PS For members that haven't experienced one yet, PITH stands for Pen In The Hat, which is a pen swap between a couple of members. And the BASH is an online IAP anniversary party with contests, puzzles, and such along with a lottery based PITH pairing.

IMG_3763 Cropped.jpg

Click on the images to Zoom-In
IMG_3759 Cropped.jpg IMG_3760 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Pen exchanges are a lot of fun. That's a great looking pen. If you are waiting until you are "good enough" to do a swap don't worry about it. Just do it. I've done swaps with experienced and brand new pen makers and all of them make me smile.

floatslow

A very long over due post. My amazing PITH package from David L.

2 beautiful pens with custom cabochon finials. A great set of blanks and an ample set of cigar kits including bushings.

Thank you David for such a great PITH experience and your patience in meeting getting things to you (started grad school)
IMG_9156.jpeg
IMG_9155.jpeg
IMG_9158.jpeg

Top Bottom