Pith 2009 is underway!!!! Lets have some fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

It has been awhile since I turned a pen. Been way too busy with the egg engravings, sandstone and glass.

Put me in for group 1

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
No worries

Although I literally just turned my first two pens last month I would still like to try this out. Please make sure you understand I am a TRUE beginner!! : ) I haven't even done CA finish yet. That will be this weekend.

So Group 1 for me please.

Candy
TY for joining in. It does not matter your skill level, this is to have fun, interact with fellow members and maybe even learn a few things about each other and ourselves. Glad you decided to join. Now go get busy on that fancy new lathe you have. :biggrin:

jusjoe

Count me in. Definitely group 1. This sound like a blast. I'll even have time for it (imagine that). Think I'll start now and make two or three and then choice which one is best.
Joe

OKLAHOMAN

Well, I guess I'll join the party, but I don't see a group 1/2:redface: so I'll attempt to up my game and ..........................................drum roll please.................................
join group................................................................one........now isn't that a sneaky way of trying to get a Skip rat pen:wink:. All kidding aside add me where you need.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
8000+ members, I thought I could get 200 in the swap. Might fall a bit short. TY for all who are in, go find some that are not and do a bit of arm twisting for me. Still plenty of time to get in. I know some are done with their pens and awaiting the pairings. Please be patient, waiting is part of the fun, right? OK maybe not but it will still be worth it.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
LOL!!!!! :laugh: No need to wait to start the pen. Pairings will just tell you how to address the envelope. :wink: 10' 2x4? That should suffice if the next swap requires it. :biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
That is a stretch of things, I would respectfully say no. I think you could come up with a better plan. :wink:

bitshird

Landon, can I change from group 2 back to group 1 ?? I already have my pen done, and I really don't care whose I get in return, I just enjoy the giving part.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
A slow death

Landon, can I change from group 2 back to group 1 ?? I already have my pen done, and I really don't care whose I get in return, I just enjoy the giving part.
You guys are killing me, :at-wits-end::biggrin: please edit your 1st post as such as that is what I will go by.

bitshird

You sound like my wife......... not the giving part!!!:biggrin::tongue:

Bob, I have some neat pens I've received in other trades, so if I can make a decent pen for someone then I'm happy. It's not like I need any mo4re high dollar pens for my self :biggrin:
:eek::eek::eek:

Some of you guys are disgusting! :mad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dawn, I'm sorry, I just wanted to get it done, besides it's done with one of your blanks, and I hate waiting till the last minute :wink::wink::wink:

You guys are killing me, :at-wits-end::biggrin: please edit your 1st post as such as that is what I will go by.

I'm sorry Landon it's just there are a bunch of new turners that have joined, I'd just like to see what they can do.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Bob, I have some neat pens I've received in other trades, so if I can make a decent pen for someone then I'm happy. It's not like I need any mo4re high dollar pens for my self :biggrin:

Dawn, I'm sorry, I just wanted to get it done, besides it's done with one of your blanks, and I hate waiting till the last minute :wink::wink::wink:

I'm sorry Landon it's just there are a bunch of new turners that have joined, I'd just like to see what they can do.
Just another nail in the coffin :eek:, ty for joining in. :wink:

workinforwood

This is the real reason why Ken is switching to group one and now everyone else is going to switch to group 2! I present Ken's Pith pen...:biggrin:

Pen comes with 1/2 a roll of duct tape and a pint of Yaegermeister.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Attachments

• Irish-casing-1.jpg
    Irish-casing-1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

ZanderPommo

Landon, i was actually thinking of using dyed quilted maple, would this suddenly be out of the question? please don't take this as rude, but I'm just not sure i have anything fitting those parameters, i make 98% wood pens, 2% acrylics so i don't have anything fitting the bill lying around

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
It is a theme, not a contract. If you are using red or green dye, perfect. If not test yourself and get creative (learning is what it is all about). I'm sure you can work out something.

Top Bottom