Pith 2009 is underway!!!! Lets have some fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

I'm already signed up for group 2, but go ahead and sign me up for group 1 as well. I'd like to do a pen in each group!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I appreciate the offer Brian but as I stated in the OP, at this point I'd like to keep it 1 entry per person, subject to change of course. :wink:

greggas

Sounds like fun...please count me in....I think I'm in group 2 but better go with 1 to play it safe ( don't want to be sweating this during such a festive time of year!).

I have looked everywhere but cannot find why this is called Pith...can someone please enlighten me

Thanks
Greg

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
PITH=Pen In The Hat

Sounds like fun...please count me in....I think I'm in group 2 but better go with 1 to play it safe ( don't want to be sweating this during such a festive time of year!).

I have looked everywhere but cannot find why this is called Pith...can someone please enlighten me

Thanks
Greg
Thanks

CHEF

I would like to try this one put me in G1 please.
--------------------Brian--(chef)-----------------

stolicky

Man with so many of the 'big' names volunteering for group 1, I'm beginning to wonder if I chose properly with group 2?

I mean, 'pretty good at it' sounds about right to me, but I'm beginning to wonder if I am in over my head.....

We'll see. I'm sticking by the original directions - I think : )

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I would prefer everyone to simply select a group and stick with it but if you edit your original selection I'm not gonna try and police it if it has been changed. I kept the rules few, simple and explained in detail so that we could keep this fun and not get all caught up in the nit picking and fighting about this and that. I left it pretty much up to everyone to police themselves and have fun. :bananen_smilies019:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Maybe, but too late. I've made my bed, and now I must sleep in it. You can learn from my mistakes and take the lead on the next one.:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

B727phixer

Landon,
Put me in group 1, however I'm alittle pithed off :mad:that you are not exchanging one of your creations, also how are you going to get your new garage/shop finished if you are pithing for everybody?:redface:
Just wondering....:tongue::tongue:

Last edited:

Phunky_2003

Well I've been watching and following this here "shindig" for the last few days. With all the unbelieveable talent thats signed up for group 1. I'm not sure If I qualify for either lol. But what the heck, there's not many Texans that turn down a good party.
Throw my name in group 1.

James

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Jeff, TY for jumping in and helping make this years exchange a success. Due to the timiming of this event and the holiday season, we ( I :) ) decided to give this a bit longer sign up period to give everyone a chance to decide on things a bit and if you hop to the original post, the timeline is posted there. Thanks again.

Landon

workinforwood

Ok. Apparently I read things wrong too, the Group 3 was not real, so then I'm in Group 2 and am lucky that I used some yellow and gold in my pen not including the silver/gold in the parts. Shall I show a teaser picture of my pen to perhaps inspire some people as to why they should enter, or should no photo be the tease? Heck, the photo might scare some away. I chose group 2 as well because last year I was paired with a newbie and although I have no complaints about the pen he made, I feel that the pen I gave him put him under tremendous stress where he seemed to think he needed to make something equal to it, when in fact he only needed to do his best and have fun doing it. He managed to finish his pen and ship it, but seemed quite upset about his accomplishments, even though there was nothing wrong with his pen. So I'm hoping a group 2 person will be more relaxed and able to have more fun with it rather than trying to compare themselves to me. I hope that makes sense and doesn't give the false impression that I think I'm some sort of pen god when I'm certainly not. I just think that because of past experience, some people might consider the possibilities that if you are making above average pens and pair with someone really new that it can really throw that newbie into a funk. The goal to inspire and brighten someone's day can have the opposite effect. Just a thought.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Ok. Apparently I read things wrong too, the Group 3 was not real, so then I'm in Group 2 and am lucky that I used some yellow and gold in my pen not including the silver/gold in the parts. Shall I show a teaser picture of my pen to perhaps inspire some people as to why they should enter, or should no photo be the tease? Heck, the photo might scare some away. I chose group 2 as well because last year I was paired with a newbie and although I have no complaints about the pen he made, I feel that the pen I gave him put him under tremendous stress where he seemed to think he needed to make something equal to it, when in fact he only needed to do his best and have fun doing it. He managed to finish his pen and ship it, but seemed quite upset about his accomplishments, even though there was nothing wrong with his pen. So I'm hoping a group 2 person will be more relaxed and able to have more fun with it rather than trying to compare themselves to me. I hope that makes sense and doesn't give the false impression that I think I'm some sort of pen god when I'm certainly not. I just think that because of past experience, some people might consider the possibilities that if you are making above average pens and pair with someone really new that it can really throw that newbie into a funk. The goal to inspire and brighten someone's day can have the opposite effect. Just a thought.
This is exactly why I added the twist of the "group" Idea, and allowed each to place themselves. I should have left off the hypothetical group 3 comment. It was my attempt at humor.( I'll leave that to the funny people going forward):biggrin:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Been more than 24 hours without a new signee, I know there are more than this out there who turn pens. :wink: Jump on in the fun. :tongue:

candy1land

Me Too

Although I literally just turned my first two pens last month I would still like to try this out. Please make sure you understand I am a TRUE beginner!! : ) I haven't even done CA finish yet. That will be this weekend.

So Group 1 for me please.

Candy

Top Bottom